File Question

Hi everyone (hope I'm not bothing everyone again :) j/k). I was just wondering if there are FileCreate, EditFile, etc. script command things. I heard about them from a friend who uses AutoIt.

Thanks so much everyone,

-Dalton

Hi everyone (hope I'm not bothing everyone again :) j/k). I was just wondering if there are FileCreate, EditFile, etc. script command things. I heard about them from a friend who uses AutoIt.

Thanks so much everyone,

-Dalton

there are many, many file controls...

see the help index

just look for "file"

8)

NEWHeader1.png

while we are in the file questions, i have troubles opening multiple files, i d like to open one in reading mode and another in writing mode.

i manage toopen one at a time, but sometimes a wierd error happens.

it s something like this :

i»¿$file = FileOpen("test.txt",0)

^ERROR

usualy it hapens after i try to open 2 files at once, though when i erase the new statements i put it still send me this error.

$file = FileOpen("test.txt", 0) ;open file for reading

$file2 = FileOpen("test2.txt", 1);open another file for writing to the end of the file

You need to be using 2 different files one for reading and one for writing and also the file handle needs to have 2 different names.

Remember to close both file handles once you have finished reading and writing.

FileClose ($file)

FileClose ($File2)

Edited by ChrisL

$file = FileOpen("test.txt", 0) ;open file for reading

$file2 = FileOpen("test2.txt", 1);open another file for writing to the end of the file

You need to be using 2 different files one for reading and one for writing and also the file handle needs to have 2 different names.

Remember to close both file handles once you have finished reading and writing.

FileClose ($file)

FileClose ($File2)

the problem is that i was doing it exactly like this lol

i ll try again

@youkielkanish,

Welcome to the forums. It is best to start a new topic - even if your problem is very close to another post. I has to do with the way that people keep track of "their threads".

It would be best for you to post the code that you have tried so that we don't have to guess... :-)

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

@youkielkanish,

Welcome to the forums. It is best to start a new topic - even if your problem is very close to another post. I has to do with the way that people keep track of "their threads".

It would be best for you to post the code that you have tried so that we don't have to guess... :-)

hello,

ok i ll do that, i didn t want to flood the forum with another post of a kind that already exist, but i ll do it :)

Edited by youkielkanish