Emailaddressencryptor

ptrex

Email Address Encryptor

Some time ago I read that (I think JPM) removed all the email addresses from the standard UDF's.

In order to prevent Email harvesting from SPAM Bots.

This little tool will convert an string Email Address into the ASCII code format.

So that most SPAM Bots, that are looking for something like xxx@xxx.xxx will not intercept it.

It's simple but effective.

You can convert your email addresses, copy and paste the generated code into your :

HTML page, Forum notes, published Au3 scripts, or anything that goes on the web.

The Browser will understand the code as is, and publish it correctly.

I included a test page in the GUI, to immediately see the result in a Browser Object.

EmailAddressEncrypt.au3

So in the future use, the coded Email addresses in your scripts and forum communication.

This will prevent you all from getting more SPAM attacks.

Enjoy !!

Edited by ptrex

This makes sense. Well done

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

@mr.underperson

I suggest you add pseudo-randomness, like the original

Thanks for the feedback !!

But I am not sure I understand what you are reffering to ?

Which "Original" ?

And what kind of "pseudo-randomness".

This has nothing to do with "randomness", because there is a 1 to 1 relationship between to string version Email accouint, and the encoded version of the Email account ?

Could you explain this a bit further :)

• Moderators

Nice work ptrex, I like the idea alot :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...