Winwaitactive & Installation Problems

Hey guys. I have yet once again come to seek advice of the experts. So here is a description of the problem that I am having. I am trying to do a scripted install of my call logging work order system at my job. The problem that I am having is that apparently the WinWaitActive will not recognize the title of the window and the window text that I pass as a paramenter, because the installation window isn't a standard Windows installation window. Below is a picture to help clarify things:

Posted Image

So, what I was trying to use to check if it's active is:

WinWaitActive("Oracle Universal Installer", "File Locations")

I tried to return a simple message box if it was active, but it never made it that far. I really don't want to have to use the sleep command due to timing on some slower machines and whatnot. So if you guys have any solutions or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Did the "AutoIt Window Info" tool see the window title and text?

Get the window of interest in view and then run this one line of code:

MsgBox(0, "", WinWait("Oracle 
Universal Installer", "File Locations", 1))
Change the title and text info to something that the "AutoIt Window Info" tool sees for that window... and you should get a "1" in the MsgBox. A return of "0" means that it timed out - never "saw" the window.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

How about under:

>>>>>>>>>>> Hidden Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<

Edit: Never mind - I found a copy of the "Oracle Universal Installer" and tested it myself. I had no hidden text. You might be able to just use the full window title as it seems to change for most windows...or you could try the PixelCheckSum function to see when certain buttons become enabled.

You might also want to see if the install can be made via commandline switches or a config file.

Edit2: Search the forums for "Oracle Universal Installer" and see what others have done.

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]