File Commander

Hello @all

i'm new here in this forum but i'm not new in Autoit! i come from the German Forum www.autoit.de!

So: i've a question! How can i make a File commander? i want to read files from a txt file! and i want that all dirs and subdirs and Files showed! the file looks like this:

F:\support\Readme\English\Readme.txt
F:\support\Readme\Readme.txt
F:\RegistrationReminder.exe

I wanted that the commander looks like "Windows/Total Commander" (See the pic i attacht!)

Sorry for my bad English! I hope smb understand me :) and can help !

Here is a pic how the Total Commander showes:

Best wishes Spider

www.AutoIt.de - Moderator of the German AutoIt Forum

• Moderators

Hello @all

i'm new here in this forum but i'm not new in Autoit! i come from the German Forum www.autoit.de!

So: i've a question! How can i make a File commander? i want to read files from a txt file! and i want that all dirs and subdirs and Files showed! the file looks like this:

F:\support\Readme\English\Readme.txt
F:\support\Readme\Readme.txt
F:\RegistrationReminder.exe

I wanted that the commander looks like "Windows/Total Commander" (See the pic i attacht!)

Sorry for my bad English! I hope smb understand me :) and can help !

Here is a pic how the Total Commander showes:

Best wishes Spider

You could take a look at FileFindFirstFile/FileFindNextFile in the help file, I'm not sure if it's in the Beta or the Release as I only have the Beta.

Edit:

You could also have a look at this script http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...&hl=File+Search

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hello!

Yes i knew! i use ever the newest beta :) And i knew that its work with FileFindFirst/NextFile But i want that he reads it from a File and then i want to see my computer files! but i dont knew how! as Example: the file Text is:

C:\dat.exe
C:\Windows\calc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll
C:\Windows\System32\test32.dll
C:\Windows\twain_32\wiatwain.ds
C:\Zyx\abc.exe
C:\Zyx\bbc.exe

Then i want that he show me First C: an when i doubleclick on C: he show me dat.exe(as File) and Windows(as dir) and Zyx(as dir) when i doubleclick on Windows he shows me calc.exe(as file) and System32(as dir) and twain_32(as dir) and so on! Do u knew what i mean?

And sorry again for my bad english :(

Spider

Edited by GtaSpider

• Moderators

Hello!

Yes i knew! i use ever the newest beta :) And i knew that its work with FileFindFirst/NextFile But i want that he reads it from a File and then i want to see my computer files! but i dont knew how! as Example: the file Text is:

C:\dat.exe
C:\Windows\calc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll
C:\Windows\System32\test32.dll
C:\Windows\twain_32\wiatwain.ds
C:\Zyx\abc.exe
C:\Zyx\bbc.exe

Then i want that he show me First C: an when i doubleclick on C: he show me dat.exe(as File) and Windows(as dir) and Zyx(as dir) when i doubleclick on Windows he shows me calc.exe(as file) and System32(as dir) and twain_32(as dir) and so on! Do u knew what i mean?

And sorry again for my bad english :(

Spider

I gave you the link to what this forum has done in way of how I'm understanding your need in an Edit: above. There's a script at the beginning of the thread by Kandi Man and Randallac made one at the end of the thread.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thank you! But this is not that wat i want! I Want that ALL files showes to me not only a extension! But the index file looks with my exactly the same!

I Want that i have a "TreeView" but in a Listbox *g* the same as this in the picture i Attachment!

When I Click in example on (look in the pic) snpstd then i want that showes the right windows but not in one window! I click on "snpstd" and he showes me all files in snpstd! i click on [..] and he go the tree up and so on!

• Moderators

Thank you! But this is not that wat i want! I Want that ALL files showes to me not only a extension! But the index file looks with my exactly the same!

I Want that i have a "TreeView" but in a Listbox *g* the same as this in the picture i Attachment!

When I Click in example on (look in the pic) snpstd then i want that showes the right windows but not in one window! I click on "snpstd" and he showes me all files in snpstd! i click on [..] and he go the tree up and so on!

Hey, I didn't say it was what you WANT! I said look at the Code, because what you WANT!! is there!!

Edit:

You can also take a look at this script to maybe get an idea on how to use the Icon placement.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...opic=20406&st=0

Edit2:

I don't recall anyone writing a script with a Tree like this... But If I can remember anyone doing it I'll post it here.

Edited by SmOke_N

• Moderators

Hi,

Maybe you mean like this link;

Autoit3Explorer.au3Best, Randall

Good one!!, I remember that one (Now that you posted it lol).