Declaring Datatypes

I am using a COM object that requires that an Array of Longs is used to pass in IDs as well as retrieve errors and values

So what I need to know if there is any way I can declare an Arry of Longs or Array of Specific datatype?

I don't think you need to declare them specifically because AutoIt will properly pass the datatype when you call the DLL. I believe it if set when you use DLLCall() or DLLOpen(). Not sure though. Read up on DLL Structures in the helpfiles.

-CMR

I don't think you need to declare them specifically because AutoIt will properly pass the datatype when you call the DLL. I believe it if set when you use DLLCall() or DLLOpen(). Not sure though. Read up on DLL Structures in the helpfiles.

-CMR

I was hoping do the calls through COM not the DllCalls .... but it would seem that it would be my only option....

So no other methods to Declare Datatypes? Cause when I just pass byref a Variant Array I get type MisMatch

I was hoping do the calls through COM not the DllCalls .... but it would seem that it would be my only option....

So no other methods to Declare Datatypes? Cause when I just pass byref a Variant Array I get type MisMatch

Here is what I am trying to interface with

[id(0x6002000a)]

HRESULT SyncReadRaw(

[in, out] VARIANT* StartTime,

[in, out] VARIANT* EndTime,

[in] long NumValues,

[in] VARIANT_BOOL Bounds,

[in] long NumItems,

[in] SAFEARRAY(long)* ServerHandles,

[out] SAFEARRAY(VARIANT)* ItemValues,

[out] SAFEARRAY(long)* Errors);

It's the safearrays where I seem to have problems.