Powering Down Immediately

(wow, been awhile since i posted in support...)

I dont know if this is possible, but...

i need to be able to shut down the machine immediately. not stop for programs "waiting for a response" or going through Windows' shut down proccess, or stopping to save. just completely power off.

You know, like, how it does it when u hold the power button for 7 seconds or whatever it is.

(i dont care if its an ugly way or an easy way. it will only be used if my computer gets too hot.)

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

you could run "shutdown /L /T:0 /C" in dos, this will do a forced shutdown.

the L is the local machine, the T:0 means now and C is so that applications are forced to close.

_____________________________________________________"some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"Wallpaper Changer - Easily Change Your Windows Wallpaper

sorry..

Shutdown(5) ; = Force shutdown

8)

not quite what i wanted, but it works good enough. thanks for the help :)

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

not quite what i wanted, but it works good enough. thanks for the help :)

What you want is stupid, though, so it's good that you can't find a way to do it. The reason the OS takes so long to shut down is so that it doesn't damage the file system in the process. Holding the power button to turn off "instantly" is not good for your filesystem. Programmatically invoking the same thing would also be bad for the filesystem.

What I want is for you to read my really long winded rant about how your wrong and what you want is stupid, though, so it's good that you can't find a way to do it. The reason the OS takes so long to shut down is so that it doesn't damage the file system in the process. Holding the power button to turn off "instantly" is not good for your filesystem. Programmatically invoking the same thing would also be bad for the filesystem.

Fixed :):(

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

k

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

Could I suggest you fix the underlying overheating problem, rather than invoke a patch or workaround.

A good vacuum of the insides of your computer case can often work wonders, and will prolong the life of your overworked components.