New To Autoit

Hi all

Heard so much about this program, that i figured it was time to try it..

I having a problem figuring this program out. For some while ago i saw a friend of me showing how easy it was taking a capture, and it build the script for you. Not sure if he used a previous verision or what!!!!!

Now i have installed autoit v3. But i can't seem to get the same gui he got. Dosen't figuring out either how i do this exactly???

Am i using wrong version or what???

If anyone knows what im talking about please help

Spider :)

• Moderators

Hi all

I having a problem figuring this program out. For some while ago i saw a friend of me showing how easy it was taking a capture, and it build the script for you. Not sure if he used a previous verision or what!!!!!

Now i have installed autoit v3. But i can't seem to get the same gui he got. Dosen't figuring out either how i do this exactly???

The interactive tutorial: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Developers

Hi all

Are you referring to SciTE4AutoIt3 ? see my sig...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

Hmmmm i cant seem to figure this out.

He started a capture of the program with autoit

But i can seem to find this or figure out how i do it exactly

PLEASE help

Spider

What do you mean by "Capture"? What do you exactly want to do? And if he's a friend, why wouldn't you ask him where to look?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

What do you mean by "Capture"? What do you exactly want to do? And if he's a friend, why wouldn't you ask him where to look?

Well i start the setup.exe file and it do a scripting process of the hole thing,(taking a capture of the installation). Hope this made sense

Spider

I think I know what he is asking for. If you are using the SciTE editor, press Alt + F6 to start the AU3Recorder. I think this is what you are looking for. If you don't have SciTE, click here and download it. I also recomend you use the AutoIt Beta, for it has many more features.