Work in Progress

I am making a spell checker, I haven't started because I am having a problem, when you go to type it work's fine, and correct's you, but the problem is if you type to fast it doesn't know what your trying to spell, please help me

so just say if you want to say something like this: hi my name is vick's

it could end up like this: i y nam is vick s

please help

I need to have it keep up with the person's typing, I could make it so it will correct once you hit space but that's not what I want

[s]Autoit[/s]

• Moderators

I am making a spell checker, I haven't started because I am having a problem, when you go to type it work's fine, and correct's you, but the problem is if you type to fast it doesn't know what your trying to spell, please help me

so just say if you want to say something like this: hi my name is vick's

it could end up like this: i y nam is vick s

please help

I need to have it keep up with the person's typing, I could make it so it will correct once you hit space but that's not what I want

:Poof: Help

Well let's assume we know what your script is "thus" far... We assume that you are using _IsPressed(), however, with lack of code, we cannot assume where your true problem lays. I don't know how much of a "positive" response you'll get on a keylogger even if the intentions are admirable :) .

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

it really is a spell checker, I got the lay out of it done and everything, and a ini with every word that is real, and here is what I got so far

edit

sorry the picture is small

Edited by Vicks
[s]Autoit[/s]

• Moderators

it really is a spell checker, I got the lay out of it done and everything, and a ini with every word that is real, and here is what I got so far

A picture isn't a script... Never Mind... Good Luck.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

A picture isn't a script... Never Mind... Good Luck.

smoke why are you being such a :), just back off if you don't want to help me, I didn't ask for you to bash my post telling people im making a keylogger, when all I want is a spell checker that will work with nopepad,wordpad, and other program's that don't have this kind of thing, unless you find proof of me making a keylogger, then go ahead and bash my post's but don't asume that im making one just because you think your so smart and been here for a long time, doesn't mean you know :(, about what I am trying to do or make in this case!

edited

i also know how much troble you can get into for using a keylogger so do you think i really would want to cheat at a game just to have cop's at my door rofl and even if i was making one i would only do it for learning which i don't need because i am busy with other thing's right now

Edited by Vicks
[s]Autoit[/s]

• Moderators

smoke why are you being such a :), just back off if you don't want to help me, I didn't ask for you to bash my post telling people im making a keylogger, when all I want is a spell checker that will work with nopepad,wordpad, and other program's that don't have this kind of thing, unless you find proof of me making a keylogger, then go ahead and bash my post's but don't asume that im making one just because you think your so smart and been here for a long time, doesn't mean you know :(, about what I am trying to do or make in this case!

First thing... I didn't BASH your post, I said you were asking for help without providing what your script that contains the problem, and expect us to guess on what the hell it contains. The term, looking for a needle in a hay stack comes to mind.

2nd thing, it is a keylogger, no matter how you word it or say what it is for... It logs what the user is typing and you are trying to correct it after the fact. I also said something in my post that "I don't know how responsive it will be no matter how admirable it is :D ". If you think people that are "able" to help you properly don't know what it is .... well, let's just say nicely "your mistaken".

It wouldn't matter how long I'd been here, I love to help people... But I also like it when people show the freaking script they are having issues with, rather 1.) Have to write one to "guess" what their issue is, or 2.) Just take a guess period. I don't know what your issue is with showing the damn thing to be honest, I mean did you code something in it that no one here can reproduce? Are you selling it after the fact? These things I can understand, and if that's the case, then write a freaking reproduction script with none of the pertinent "Ancient Chinese Secrets" your using for gods sake.

*2nd thing, it is a keylogger, no matter how you word it or say what it is for... It logs what the user is typing and you are trying to correct it after the fact*

I guess I can now see were you got the keylogger idea and now that I think about it, it is sorta of like one but I don't want to use the _ispressed func for evil uses though.

*don't know what your issue is with not showing the damn thing to be honest, I mean did you code something in it that no one here can reproduce? Are you selling it after the fact*

I didn't think I would need to post the script I got so far because, I just thought there would be a easy way of someone telling me, how I can use the _ispressed func to keep up with the typer, and I erased some of my code and redid it a few times but same result it can't keep up,

what my script does is watch's for every key pushed once enter or space bar is hit the script knows to read the ini and fix the word and if it doesn't know what word you mean the combo box in the GUI will list a few words with the same begining such as, if you spelled a word that looed like this *frot* it would get rid of as many letter's as needed, then it would see if the ini has words with a letter *fro* and if it does it will list all the word's with that begining such as *frog* and many other's

[s]Autoit[/s]

He just wants you to post your script man. Why are you holding it back? We can't help you if you don't post your script. The more you hold it back the more I think you're trying to make a the word that must not be spoken(Keylogger) Just post your script that you have so far.

Sorry if I missed something. All I know is that I saw no script to help you with.

Try something for when the space bar is pressed

$ini = IniRead(path to your ini)

if _ispressed(20) then 
     IniRead($ini) 
Endif
Edited by bucky002

@Vicks: Dude, it is a LOT easier if we can see the code. It is hard to say what the problem is if we do not know where to look.

I'll put it to you like this: You asked for directions to go from A to C. You have the map. We don't. You expect us to know every road, street, and house on the map, though we never have seen it. You want us to tell you the best way to get there, though we have no idea where A or C are. Do you see the point?

Vicks,

Dude, just relax. All the guys here are willing to help in any possible way they can. All you have to do is just provide them clear information and whatever script you have for them to help you. But there's no need to offend someone who is just asking a question.

@Vicks: Dude, it is a LOT easier if we can see the code. It is hard to say what the problem is if we do not know where to look.

I'll put it to you like this: You asked for directions to go from A to C. You have the map. We don't. You expect us to know every road, street, and house on the map, though we never have seen it. You want us to tell you the best way to get there, though we have no idea where A or C are. Do you see the point?

Keylogger or no - why re-invent the wheel? There are many good tiny and efficient spell checkers (isn't that the original problem you were trying to solve) already written. Just search the forums here - suggestions were made just recently on a number of them. I've even go one integrated into the forum code to check as I post - called ieSpell.

Oh, you won't get any help this way for writing keyloggers either!

Keylogger or no - why re-invent the wheel? There are many good tiny and efficient spell checkers (isn't that the original problem you were trying to solve) already written. Just search the forums here - suggestions were made just recently on a number of them. I've even go one integrated into the forum code to check as I post - called ieSpell.

Oh, you won't get any help this way for writing keyloggers either!

that's just like saying don't use a autoit media player since windows media player does that already, I know there are spell checkers but I want my own, so that it is made the way I like it

[s]Autoit[/s]

Vick's

Tranquillo me amigo (Relax my friend), no need to be so mad, people here just don't like it when

you ask for help:

• Without trying
  • Without Posting a Script
  • Writing malware programs
  • By Insulting people
  • Don't help them help you
  • Get overly defensive
seriously, lets all be friends, this here:

smoke why are you being such a censored.gif, just back off if you don't want to help me, I didn't ask for you to bash my post telling people im making a keylogger, when all I want is a spell checker that will work with nopepad,wordpad, and other program's that don't have this kind of thing, unless you find proof of me making a keylogger, then go ahead and bash my post's but don't asume that im making one just because you think your so smart and been here for a long time, doesn't mean you know censored.gif, about what I am trying to do or make in this case!

edited

i also know how much troble you can get into for using a keylogger so do you think i really would want to cheat at a game just to have cop's at my door rofl and even if i was making one i would only do it for learning which i don't need because i am busy with other thing's right now

Reminds me of what I think when I watch "Law and Order"

(Simile)

when the people who are like victims families are getting interviewed, and they get all mad

the detectives say:

"So where were you last night"

Victims Fam say:

"You don't honestly expect we did this do you"

Detective:

"No we don't, but we have do ask."

Family:

"Who do you think YOU ARE!! Barging into our house after *insert name here* died and accuse US OF IT???!!! GET OUT!!"

Now see, if the family want the detectives to solve their problem, but get all mad and hot headed when the detectives ask their questions, and refuse to help them, and get so insulted when the detectives are just doing their job, how can the detectives help them? if they aren't guilty, what wouuld be so bad about proving your innocence?

Ok, maybe you didn't write a keylogger, but without a script, one might guess that you are just using this "spell checker" as an excuse to adapt into a keylogger.

It's a whole different ball game when a person says "heres what i've done, plz inprove" rather than "pretend that i am doing this, how can i make it better?"

If you are not guilty, proove it, show us the script, don't hide it and expect us to somehow solve everything for you

sure, smoke can't prove you wrote a keylogger, but you can proove you didn't, SHOW US A SCRIPT

PS-don't call people names if you ever want them to help you, You're lucky you insulted smoke instead of me, cause if you were to talk to me like that my thoughts become "why should i spend my time helping this person out, if all i'm gonna get is yelled at and insulted,

lucky for you, i know smoke is forgiving :)

that's just like saying don't use a autoit media player since windows media player does that already, I know there are spell checkers but I want my own, so that it is made the way I like it

And without a script, we're supposed to know how you like it?

Edited by Paulie

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

no i gave up because no one would help, i finally figured it out with out you guys, plus this post has been up for like a month so why the fuck renew it?

I agree about the renewal aspect, that was rather silly, but I don't agree with the expression of language used to get your point across.

I agree about the renewal aspect, that was rather silly, but I don't agree with the expression of language used to get your point across.

sorry, i just don't like been know as a keylogger writer, and i was mad that the post was renewed, like i posted this in april who is that stupid to renew a few months old post

[s]Autoit[/s]

no i gave up because no one would help, i finally figured it out with out you guys, plus this post has been up for like a month so why the :D renew it?

Wow again with the language, chill dude seriously, do you think your more respected when you talk like a 5year old who just learned a dirty word?

you say nobody helped you, well what was it that EVERYONE who replied asked you to do?

I didn't think I would need to post the script I got so far

well it was

Edit- Smoke beat me, its true it shouldn't be renewed, but i didn't renew it, just confirmed the thoughts of renewer :D

Edited by Paulie

• Moderators

sorry, i just don't like been know as a keylogger writer, and i was mad that the post was renewed, like i posted this in april who is that stupid to renew a few months old post

Well, as Jdeb said yesterday, any "scriptkiddie" out of diapers now a days can make a keylogger or much worse. I don't think if you continue to be an active/participating member that people will see such a post as harmful. As I stated before, I didn't mean to give you the title, more along the lines of a warning. I think we all have used keylogging techniques at one point or another, even if it is just a "key" here or a "key" there, if you've ever used HotKeySet() then you were on your way :D .