Could I Ask One More Fav And All Be Cool .

I take no offense at all. I just think its rather rude.

Here are some other adages:

Words can cut like a knife.

A soft answer turneth away wrath.

Violence begets violence.

Fighting never solves anything.

I understand your blunt, so maybe getting my point across will take some time.

Your response again is very arrogant and snoddy. You think you can "run" people off at will, at least thats the tone i got form your post. I mean thats not a very nice thing to allude to. It may very well be true, but to point it out and use it as some sort of trophy is very rude!

No, I don't think that I can, I know that I can. It is arrogant and whatever else you wish to call it, but that doesn't make it any less true. If you find it rude, then so be it. I wasn't using it as a trophy, I was using it to demonstrate that if I was in fact intentionally being insulting to somebody, it would be quite obvious to all that I was attempting to be.

This thread has continued enough, or at least my participation in it has. I've said all I have to say on the matter. The original poster got their answer and a lot more than they bargained for in the exchange, I'm sure.

• Administrators

To be fair, I think the GUI section of the helpfile needs some more Getting Started/Concepts pages. I'm learning the GUI stuff from scratch at the moment and it's not obvious for an noob such as myself. I'll pick it up pretty quick as I'm currently examining the c++ code and checking bugs out but still...

The rest of the help file is awesome though and IMHO way way above what you usually get with free stuff, so noone has excuses there :D

To be fair, I think the GUI section of the helpfile needs some more Getting Started/Concepts pages.  I'm learning the GUI stuff from scratch at the moment and it's not obvious for an noob such as myself.  I'll pick it up pretty quick as I'm currently examining the c++ code and checking bugs out but still...

The rest of the help file is awesome though and IMHO way way above what you usually get with free stuff, so noone has excuses there  :huh2:

I too am just about at the point of begining to explore the wonderful wide world of creating Graphical User Interfaces with AutoIt (hell, anything, I'm a GUI vergin)... haven't even really started... I don't know the way helpfiles work, but would it be possible to have a subsection of the Function Reference dedicated to GUI, like there's one for Mouse Control, Process Management and .... errr GUI Reference... :D never mind. I'll just go and bang my head in the car door some now. :iamstupid:

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

A tip:

In the helpfile there's a search function.

If you enter GUI you will find anything to do with that (30 results).

yeah, and using SciTE I can hit f1 and it launches the helpfile to the word the cursor's on. The handy part of this script is seeing what a @macro's value is on a given machine... just a bit handy...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)