Run AutoIT 'executable' (IE Browser) script as scheduled task?

I've been attempting to run an 'executable' script as a scheduled task. This script will open Internet explorer, go to a web page, enter parameters into a web form, and submit the form (multiple times).

I'm able to run the executable and watch it 'do it's thing'... but if I try to make it a scheduled task it seems to get locked up in 'limbo land'... I see the autoit and iexplorer tasks in task manager but it just hangs...

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Is this not possible with Autoit? I would preferably like to have my script as a scheduled task on a server without me having to be logged into it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you might have.

"I drank what???" - Socrates

I've been attempting to run an 'executable' script as a scheduled task. This script will open Internet explorer, go to a web page, enter parameters into a web form, and submit the form (multiple times).

I'm able to run the executable and watch it 'do it's thing'... but if I try to make it a scheduled task it seems to get locked up in 'limbo land'... I see the autoit and iexplorer tasks in task manager but it just hangs...

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Is this not possible with Autoit? I would preferably like to have my script as a scheduled task on a server without me having to be logged into it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you might have.

Remember that running scheduled tasks on windows runs under the local SYSTEM Account.

what is most likely happening is that the program wil run under the SYSTEM account, but you will not see what's going on because you're not logged in as SYSTEM. you can try doing a Runasset in your Autoit to circumvent that.

---"Educate the Mind, Make Savage the Body" -Mao Tse Tung

Remember that running scheduled tasks on windows runs under the local SYSTEM Account.

what is most likely happening is that the program wil run under the SYSTEM account, but you will not see what's going on because you're not logged in as SYSTEM. you can try doing a Runasset in your Autoit to circumvent that.

:):(:D - Aha, methinks thou hast nailed it. Many thanks!

:oops::(:bike: - Aha, methinks thou hast nailed it. Many thanks!

:):(:D UH OH... well.... it's still not doing what I need. It may be that autoit can't do it. I have an executable script that opens a web browser, 'goes to a URL', fills out a multi-stage form and submits it. Works like a charm when I run it.

However, if I try to execute it as a scheduled task it does not work. I've tried scheduling the task as the local administrator, using my domain/user and password in the 'run as' settings of the sched task, I've added the 'RunAsSet()' step to my script... but alas it will not run 'un attended'... I've even tried leaving my session open via terminal server - script doesn't run until I log back into the active session.

am I barking up the wrong tree?