Client / Server Program Watcher

I need to figure out the best way to monitor (watch) a specific program from another computer. I don't want to display the entire computer via pcAnywhere type programs. I especially don't want any kind of control over the program. All it needs to be able to do is reporduce the video portion of the program.

The program that needs to be watched is not important as I want this ability for several applications (purposes).

Suggestions or links to get me going in the right direction would be terrific.

Agreement is not necessary - thinking for one's self is!

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

"monitor (watch) a specific program from another computer"

is kind of vague to me. (i hope that's how it's written). Please tell me more about what you are looking for. If you just want to receive and send basic information (in strings) that autoit can retreive from the program, you should probably use TCP (look in the helpfile), other then that.. I can't help you any more without knowing what you want.

I need to figure out the best way to monitor (watch) a specific program from another computer. I don't want to display the entire computer via pcAnywhere type programs. I especially don't want any kind of control over the program. All it needs to be able to do is reporduce the video portion of the program.

The program that needs to be watched is not important as I want this ability for several applications (purposes).

Suggestions or links to get me going in the right direction would be terrific.

Are you talking about something like XP Remote Desktop, or do you just want the account number and password when somebody is doing their Internet banking?

I'm not interested in any kind of remote admin software. I would like to write an app that will, in essence, take screen shots of a single app (similiar to ALT-PRTSCN). and push those images to another computer via the internet.

The reason I need it this way is I have a new employee (at a remote office) that I would like to 'monitor' a server app, but I don't want him seeing anything else on the server or having any type of remote control.

This is meant for training until he's familiar with the app.

I don't need any bells or whistles....

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm updating my request for help.... I've figured out that I don't need to send entire screenshots but rather just bits of code.

All I'm looking for is a simple client/server routine to allow connection between 2 (possibly more) computers and send bits of data back and forth.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

I'm updating my request for help.... I've figured out that I don't need to send entire screenshots but rather just bits of code.

All I'm looking for is a simple client/server routine to allow connection between 2 (possibly more) computers and send bits of data back and forth.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

LAN??

I hereby quote.. Myself!

If you just want to receive and send basic information (in strings) that autoit can retreive from the program, you should probably use TCP (look in the helpfile),

I should have told you that TCP is also good for sending binary (in fact everything eventually turns binary right..)

Just look in the helpfile!!

[edit] I must note that AutoIt is not the language to do this in, especially not when you have little scripting experience.

Edited by Manadar