How to traverse a "Browse For Folder" dialog in another application

I've tried to look through the different thread but have not been able to find an answer. I am trying to use autoit to traverse through a standard "Browse For Folder" dialog in another application and select the appropriate item. I can get the count use DLLCall and sendmessage but using the same proocess to select an item doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

I've tried to look through the different thread but have not been able to find an answer. I am trying to use autoit to traverse through a standard "Browse For Folder" dialog in another application and select the appropriate item. I can get the count use DLLCall and sendmessage but using the same proocess to select an item doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

it'd be awfully rough, but if the item you're selecting is always the same, you could just do it by send() 'ing an arrow key sequence (left-right to expand-collapse, and up-down to select) or by moving the mouse and sending clicks to appropriate locations relative to that window...

Of course, if you added any folders or files that would come first alphabetically, that'd mess up the sequence, so it's obviously less than optimum. (Edit: though you could possibly run

@comspec & "/c dir *. /b>" & @TEMP & "\dirtemp.txt"

in each sucessive "lower" folder to get an alphabetical list of the directories contained within each - have the script count the lines down until you get to the one you want, and that's how many "down"s to send...that would theoretically adapt to new folders being added - end edit)

I'm sure others have better ideas, this was just off the top of my head. I'll now move aside and let the masters take it :)

Edited by james3mg
"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

• 2 weeks later...

it'd be awfully rough, but if the item you're selecting is always the same, you could just do it by send() 'ing an arrow key sequence (left-right to expand-collapse, and up-down to select) or by moving the mouse and sending clicks to appropriate locations relative to that window...

Of course, if you added any folders or files that would come first alphabetically, that'd mess up the sequence, so it's obviously less than optimum. (Edit: though you could possibly run

@comspec & "/c dir *. /b>" & @TEMP & "\dirtemp.txt"

in each sucessive "lower" folder to get an alphabetical list of the directories contained within each - have the script count the lines down until you get to the one you want, and that's how many "down"s to send...that would theoretically adapt to new folders being added - end edit)

I'm sure others have better ideas, this was just off the top of my head. I'll now move aside and let the masters take it :D

I was hoping that I was missing something and it was possible with access the the appropriate DLLs calls and / or new functions in the beta. I can get the actual number of items via the DLL call. Just strange that the text is not visible