More on help files

Could someone provide me with a list of the help files that have changed since 3.1.1.123? I'm currently running an English spell and grammar check on the help file and there is no sense in checking all of the pages each time. I will finish the checks on the 3.1.1.123 files and then all I have to do after that is check changed pages.

Edit: You can just email the list to me. All I need is the name of the HTML page.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

You can create some AutoIt script for it (decompile CHM, spell check all pages, write errors to LOG, ...)

so then you can check every new version with little effort :)

I already have the decompiler but with spell checking you have to show some caution. Some of the words that would return errors are actually code or things like GUI functions or macro's. Most of the latter 2 have already been written into the custom dictionary. Another area that could be dicey is the grammar check. I usually load about 6 pages at a time for checking and even then I have to carefully check any recommended changes. Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Comparison results.

================ NEW ======================

html\examples\GUICtrlSetTip.txt.htm

html\examples\IniDelete.txt.htm

html\intro\64-bit_support.htm

================== CHANGED ================

AutoIt3 Index.hhk

AutoIt3 TOC.hhc

html\appendix\clsid.htm

html\autoit_changelog.txt

html\examples\Exit.txt.htm

html\examples\FileFindFirstFile.txt.htm

html\examples\GUICtrlSetGraphic.txt.htm

html\examples\RegEnumKey.txt.htm

html\examples\RegEnumVal.txt.htm

html\functions.htm

html\functions\FileFindFirstFile.htm

html\functions\GUICtrlSetGraphic.htm

html\functions\GUICtrlSetTip.htm

html\functions\IniDelete.htm

html\functions\RegEnumKey.htm

html\functions\RegEnumVal.htm

html\history(draft).htm

html\history.htm

html\introduction.htm

html\keywords.htm

html\keywords\Exit.htm

txt2htm\syntaxfiles\Crimson\autoit3.key

txt2htm\syntaxfiles\functions.txt

txt2htm\syntaxfiles\function_params.txt

txt2htm\syntaxfiles\keywords.txt

txt2htm\syntaxfiles\macros.txt

txt2htm\syntaxfiles\PSPAD\AutoIt3.def

txt2htm\syntaxfiles\PSPAD\AutoIt3.ini

txt2htm\syntaxfiles\Scite\au3.api

txt2htm\syntaxfiles\Scite\au3.properties

txt2htm\syntaxfiles\TextPad\autoit_v3.syn

txt2htm\txtFunctions\FileFindFirstFile.txt

txt2htm\txtFunctions\GUICtrlSetGraphic.txt

txt2htm\txtFunctions\GUICtrlSetTip.txt

txt2htm\txtFunctions\IniDelete.txt

txt2htm\txtFunctions\RegEnumKey.txt

txt2htm\txtFunctions\RegEnumVal.txt

txt2htm\txtKeywords\Exit.txt

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Thanks CS. That's what I needed.

George

If you look at Doc typos mentioned in my Collection of Doc typos #2

you will see that (most of) these kind of typos will not catch any automatic spell/grammar check.

Only human eye can see it.

But your work on improving Helpfile is welcome.

Thanks Zedna

See my reply to the post you linked to.

George

I'm just checking WinSetState.htm

WinSetState is a replacement for the badly named WinShow function. WinShow is accepted as an alias but this may be withdrawn in the future.

Is WinShow still accepted or has it already been withdrawn? If it's not valid then I'll remove that line while I'm at it. WinShow is so old that the line should probably be removed anyway.(JMHO) Edited by GEOSoft

George

WinShow probably still works, but I agree that it is probably old enough to remove from the docs.

Thanks CS.

I think I'll go ahead and remove it from that page (sorry Jon) because a large percentage of users won't even remember it and it's only good for compatibility with older scripts now.

George