KillSpace

Woobs

Hi everybody! This is my first post, and my first AutoIt script so please be gentle... I was playing around with AutoIt a little last night and discovered that I can close active windows that fit paramters I specify. As soon as I found out I could do that, I immediatley went to work on "killing" the enemy, MySpace. You see my step-sisters spend and unGodly amount of time on that website and leave me with little time to do what's important, play Americas Army. After 15 minutes of code-test-recode, I got a rudimentary version of KillSpace. I worked on it a little bit more this morning, and I'm ready to release it! It works by scanning the active window for MySpace in the title bar. If it finds that in the active window it sends the key-combination Ctrl+W. It's not the best, but I made it so I think it's pretty cool. You can find the project files here. There's a readme included, and it explains how to use it. Hope you enjoy!

___Edit___

KillSpace v1.5 is now available and it uses a timer to limit how much time is spent on MySpace before is closes it down. I haven't tested it yet, so I don't know if it works flawlessly.

Edited by Woobs

Instead of sending Ctrl-W, try using WinClose or WinKill. Check out my shutdown function that closes all active windows no matter what they are! Check my sig: _ShutDown

http://www.autoitking.co.nr Site is DOWN | My deviantART | No Topic Topic - Don't do it!-------------------- UDF's/Scripts:AutoIt: [BenEditor 3.6] [_ShutDown()]PHP: [CommentScript]Web Based AutoIt: [MemStats] [HTML to AU3] [User LogIn and SignUp script]

Welcome to the forums btw! Hope your fisrt ten posts will be as enjoyable as mine were! If you ever need help, you know where to go.

http://www.autoitking.co.nr Site is DOWN | My deviantART | No Topic Topic - Don't do it!-------------------- UDF's/Scripts:AutoIt: [BenEditor 3.6] [_ShutDown()]PHP: [CommentScript]Web Based AutoIt: [MemStats] [HTML to AU3] [User LogIn and SignUp script]

If you ever need help, you know where to go.

:) You left that so open that I will just leave it alone. I've been told where to go before.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Just another thing for improving it. Instead of not letting your sister's even go on Myspace, because that's just mean. :) You should do timerinit or sleep and give them about an hour or so then shut it down and whenever it pops back up it'll shut it down again. That way everyone is happy, your sisters get to go on Myspace and you get to do your "important" stuff. :(

Edited by bucky002

Just another thing for improving it. Instead of not letting your sister's even go on Myspace, because that's just mean. :) You should do timerinit or sleep and give them about an hour or so then shut it down and whenever it pops back up it'll shut it down again. That way everyone is happy, your sisters get to go on Myspace and you get to do your "important" stuff. :(

That's a good idea! I'm going to be tweaking it a little over the next week, so that will probably make it into a future version. Thanks for the ideas, everybody!

That's a good idea! I'm going to be tweaking it a little over the next week, so that will probably make it into a future version. Thanks for the ideas, everybody!

nice AV pic! Calvin and Hobbes Rocks!

---"Educate the Mind, Make Savage the Body" -Mao Tse Tung

nice AV pic! Calvin and Hobbes Rocks!

Yeah, Calvin and Hobbes are awesome. I've got 4 or 5 of the collections of comics. In other news, I've updated KillSpace! I added the timer feature bucky002 suggested and used WinKill insted of Send, like AutoItKing suggested. I haven't had the chance to test it yet (I'm at my mom's house with dial-up, so I don't want to do through the hassle of all of that.), so it's still in beta. If you want to test it and tell me if it works, you can fin the new zip file with the other project files.