Turn off optical mouse

• Moderators

... well nice solution - when you figured out a working script doing this -post it! :(

Well, ShutDown(8) may do that without getting physical :D, but I would think you would have to play with drivers you probably shouldn't to achieve this :) .

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

... well nice solution - when you figured out a working script doing this -post it! :)

Sorry, but i have no real solution .. I just couldn't resist the obvious answer! :D

Seriously - hope you find what you're looking for

:(

Hi

is it possible to turn off an optical mouse - I mean to turn off the light?

greetings mozart90

It could be done with the right calls to Windows (I don't know what they are) but let me remind you that if you turn off the light you have turned off the mouse and far be it from me to figure out why you would want to do that other than as a prank. Pranks are not the best way to use AutoIt.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

It could be done with the right calls to Windows (I don't know what they are) but let me remind you that if you turn off the light you have turned off the mouse and far be it from me to figure out why you would want to do that other than as a prank. Pranks are not the best way to use AutoIt.

Would be so convenient if they manufactured optical CORDLESS mice with an ON/OFF switch, save the battery consumption when not in use, instead of having to take the batteries out when not in use over night.

Motion detection on my survellience cameras always picks up the pesky mouse blinking at night as movement.

HardCopy

Contributions: UDF _DateYearFirstChildren are like Farts, you can just about stand your own.Why am I not a Vegetarian?...Well...my ancestors didn't fight & evolve to the Top of the food chain for me to survive on Salad

Would be so convenient if they manufactured optical CORDLESS mice with an ON/OFF switch, save the battery consumption when not in use, instead of having to take the batteries out when not in use over night.

Motion detection on my survellience cameras always picks up the pesky mouse blinking at night as movement.

HardCopy

Don't use an optical with transparent sides. :) You could always open up the mouse and paint the transparent sides flat black to stop the camera problem but it won't help battery life. maybe you could find enough room to add a micro-switch on the bottom so that if there was no weight on it then it turns off?? If you patent that idea I get half. :(

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Depending on the mouse, you might be able to make the LED turn off by disabling the mouse in the device manager. However, you'd need to use keyboard navigation/shortcuts to re-enable the mouse.

The Devcon utility can be used here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311272

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

If you don't want to see that bright LED light that the mouse makes, either get some electrical tape and cover up the transparent sides, or buy a laser mouse (love my logitech g5).

Short of going through the device manager and disabling your input devices, I doubt you're going to find a solution.

If you don't want to see that bright LED light that the mouse makes, either get some electrical tape and cover up the transparent sides, or buy a laser mouse (love my logitech g5).

Electrical tape? That seems a bit tacky.

How about this: Replace the Bright red LED with an infrared LED. Invisible to humans, but the CCD will pick it up nicely.

Hi

is it possible to turn off an optical mouse - I mean to turn off the light?

greetings mozart90

If you pay enough then I could send you my mouse, which does this all automagically

after a while when connected to a USB-port :) Kind of annoying when in a match though...

Or you could just get yourself a lasermouse...no more blinking!

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~