MoveMousie 1.0 - Programming For Fun Problem

Sigh I really need your help for five minutes. Please?

$DW = @DesktopWidth
$DH = @DesktopHeight
$MS = 10;0
$VU = 50
$DW1 = $DW - $DW + $VU
$DH1 = $DH - $DH + $VU
$DH2 = $DH - $VU
$DW2 = $DW - $VU

MouseMove($VU,$VU, $MS)
        MouseMove($DW2, $VU, $MS)
        MouseMove($DW2, $DH2, $MS)
        $VU = $VU + $VU
        MouseMove($VU, $DH2, $MS)

Ok so there is my code. What it does on the first loop is just go to the locations on the screen minus 50 pixes so it's about 1 inch from the edge all the way round. Now on the second loop I want to use the same variables but now have it 100 pixels from the edge but don't know how to do that on the loop.

For instance I am now on the second loop and want to say $DW2 ( desktop width - 100 or - $vu - $vu ) but I don't know how to say it or say it in the most concise way :) As a newbie I want to put under MouseMove($DW2, $VU, $MS) $DW2 = $DW2 - $VU - $VU but if I do that it will mess up the next line down so I can't change the value of $DW2 until I have looped once. :(

How would you do it?

ok... give me a minute

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Also I have my variables set out on one line each but I want to have them globally accessible is there a way to do this?

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;   AutoIt Version: 3.1.1.123
;   Language:      English
;   Creator:     Neoborn
;   Email:           <neo underscore born at hotmail dot com>
;   Description     Mouse Mover
;   Version:      1.0
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;   PseudoCode:
;   1. Find out the size of the desktop
;   2. Move the mouse to the top left hand corner to start from.
;   3. Move mouse around the full four sides of the screen 1" from the edge
;   4. Once a full circuit has been completed it will increase in speed & move
;     in another 1" or so and complete another circuit
;   5. It will continue to do this until reaching the middle the another event
;     will occur and the program will either loop or end.
Opt("MouseCoordMode", 0)

;==============================================
; Variables
Dim $Right = @DesktopWidth - 50, $Bottom = @DesktopHeight - 50, $Left = 50, $Top = 50, $MS = 10, $Add = 50, $Sub = -50
;   Function Calls
MouseMv()

;   Functions
Func MouseMv()

$i = 0
    While $i <= 5
        MouseMove($Left, $Top, $MS)
        MouseMove($Right, $Top,$MS)
        MouseMove($Right, $Bottom,$MS)
        MouseMove($Left, $Bottom, $MS)

$Right = $Right + $Sub
        $Bottom = $Bottom + $Sub
        $Left = $Left + $Add
        $Top = $Top + $Add

$i = $i +1
    WEnd

EndFunc

;~  MsgBox(64, "Mouse Position is...", "Mouse position is " & $CMP[0] & " x " & $CMP[1])
;~ MsgBox(64,"Your desktop is...", "Desktop size is: " & $DesktopW & " X " & $DesktopH)

Also I have my variables set out on one line each but I want to have them globally accessible is there a way to do this?

added DIM

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

1. Why include <GUIConstants.au3> ?

2. :D it's a beautiful thing. What has so far taken hours and hours and thought / reading you have done in less than five minutes :oops:

Can you explain the differences between mine and yours ( apart from yours worked and mine didn't ) What is the difference in train of thought? You went about solving this in a different way, how did you figure out what you wanted to do? Are there any glaring faults or newbie thought patterns / coding that I should change or change my way of thinking?

Thanks

:) Neoborn :(

Edited by Neoborn

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

1. Why include <GUIConstants.au3> ?

2. :) it's a beautiful thing. What has so far taken hours and hours and thought / reading you have done in less than five minutes :(

not needed... just was on my test page

Thank you... Earlier, you clearly stated that you wanted to do it... and for NO ONE to just do it for you

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

True that but I would love hints tips / guidance. Thank you for your help.

Can you explain the differences between mine and yours ( apart from yours worked and mine didn't ) What is the difference in train of thought? You went about solving this in a different way, how did you figure out what you wanted to do? Are there any glaring faults or newbie thought patterns / coding that I should change or change my way of thinking?

Thanks

:) Neoborn :(

A

i cannot explain the difference, they are actually the same in concept... i just followed your lead for the end result

B & C

In the train of thought... i just guess i can more clearly see the end result i am looking for .. with applied experience, i am able to think my way there... almost before any script is written

D

there are absolutely NO "glaring faults or newbie thought patterns" from your original post, direction, communication or efforts... your way of thinking is fine, however it will develop with experience

Just be patient...

Valuater

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Thank you I really appreciate yours and everyone else help :) <3