AutoIt-scite: Where is the path "c:\program files\autoit3help.exe coded?

Hello,

I cannot find this, even with a search for *.* files containing that path as a text.

Who can help with the location :( that path to autoit3help.exe is saved, so that it can be directly opened through a <F1> to get help for the keyword the cursor is at?

Suggestion to the team that coded that GENIOUS :) syntax highlighting and much more: In stead of using this "C:\program files\autoit3" it could be "%programfiles%\autoit3", that would fit any windows installation as it automatically reflects the local language's folder to hold program files

Regards, Rudi.

--

currently I simply created a c:\program files\autoit3\ with the two autoit3help.* files

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

You can add this to your user options file or correct the literal path.

autoit3dir=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..

The above should fix your 2 problems above. That line is what I use.

Unfortunately, some choose to install programs where ever they choose, so the current path of setup is used. And the properties files are not DOS batch file, so %ProgramFiles% will not work.

This is the way that your autoit3dir is set by script. If you receive a incorrect path, then do post the results.

MsgBox(0, '', Update_Autoit_Path() )

Func Update_Autoit_Path()
    $AutoItDir = RegRead("HKLM\Software\Autoit v3\AutoIt", "InstallDir")
    $BetaAutoItDir = RegRead("HKLM\Software\Autoit v3\AutoIt", "BetaInstallDir")
    If Not FileExists($AutoItDir & "\autoit3.exe") Then
        $AutoItDir = RegRead("HKLM\Software\HiddenSoft\AutoIt3", "InstallDir")
    EndIf
    If Not FileExists($AutoItDir & "\autoit3.exe") Then
        $AutoItDir = @ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoIt3"
    EndIf
    Return $AutoItDir
EndFunc

:)

• Developers

Hello,

I cannot find this, even with a search for *.* files containing that path as a text.

Who can help with the location :( that path to autoit3help.exe is saved, so that it can be directly opened through a <F1> to get help for the keyword the cursor is at?

Suggestion to the team that coded that GENIOUS :) syntax highlighting and much more: In stead of using this "C:\program files\autoit3" it could be "%programfiles%\autoit3", that would fit any windows installation as it automatically reflects the local language's folder to hold program files

Regards, Rudi.

--

currently I simply created a c:\program files\autoit3\ with the two autoit3help.* files

Don't understand the question. When you run the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer, the following line will be set to the correct AutoIt3 directory by UpdateDefs.exe program which is ran at the very end of the install process:

autoit3dir=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

Did you use the ZIP file to install ?

Running UpdateDefs.exe should also do the trick...

And we cannot use %programfiles% because not everybody installs it in that directory. :D

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Don't understand the question. When you run the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer, the following line will be set to the correct AutoIt3 directory by UpdateDefs.exe program which is ran at the very end of the install process:

autoit3dir=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

Did you use the ZIP file to install ?

Yes, I did so. This is in my registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt]

"InstallDir"="C:\\Programme\\AutoIt3"

"Version"="v3.1.1"

And we cannot use %programfiles% because not everybody installs it in that directory. :D

Well, but you *DO* default set the expected path to "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" during the *setup*.

This could be changed in that way, that it will be taken from the system, %ProgramFiles% & "\" & AutoIt3. For english Versions, the path will stay what it was. For non English Win-versions it will default to the "regular" installation path.

And those, that need or want autoit somewhere else can customize anyways.

Best regards, Rudi.

You can add this to your user options file ....

autoit3dir=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..

The above should fix your 2 problems above. That line is what I use.

Sorry, I think I cannot follow you here :D

As a try I added this line to the

------------ %userprofile%\SciTEUser.profile -------------------------

autoit3dir="C:\Programme\AutoIt3"

<EOF>

------------ %userprofile%\SciTEUser.profile -------------------------

... or correct the literal path.

;):D:evil: Where is that litteral path I could correct in a way, that it will correctly point to autoit3's help file?

Unfortunately, some choose to install programs where ever they choose, so the current path of setup is used.

Well, I just want to use it in the STANDARD %programfiles% path of a German Windows installation. This is C:\Programme\ and not "C:\Program Files\"

And the properties files are not DOS batch file, so %ProgramFiles% will not work.

I understand.

This is the way that your autoit3dir is set by script. If you receive a incorrect path, then do post the results.

{snip example code}

:P

When I run this script through <F5> from AutoIT3, it does correctly tell by message box "C:\Programme\AutoIt3" (without qoutes). Going to one of the keywords and pressing <F1> now gives my this one:

Error while launching:

""C:\Programme\AutoIT3"\Autoit3Help.exe" with Params:

"Return"

The Specified File was not found.

So it's already better: {""C:\Programme\AutoIT3"\Autoit3Help.exe"} instead of {"C:\Program Files\Autoit3\Autoit3Help.exe"}

Any Idea how to get rid of the doublequote here ""C:\ and the single quote there IT3"\Auto ?

Where is that setting saved? It's permanent now even after deleting that one line from the user properties file.

Thank you to both of you for your answers,

regards, Rudi.

Hello.

I missed this suggestion: YES, it does the trick :D

And where does the settings go to?

Thank you very much, Rudi.

Glad UpdateDefs worked, though it does run during installation also.

I'm unsure of settings needed other then what you have stated.

Can you state that you do have "C:\Programme\AutoIT3"\Autoit3Help.exe" at the path needed for use.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad UpdateDefs worked, though it does run during installation also.

I'm unsure of settings needed other then what you have stated.

Can you state that you do have "C:\Programme\AutoIT3"\Autoit3Help.exe" at the path needed for use.

?state? <my english...>

I can confirm, that there is a "C:\Programme\AutoIT3"\Autoit3Help.exe" and that this one *IS* found after running "C:\Programme\AutoIt3\SciTE\Defs\UpdateDefs.exe"

Can I call that "updatedefs.exe" with parameters? (a "/h", "-h" doesn't show help) to specify "quiet"?

Sunny greetings from Germany, a perfect summer day today, I need to get my :D sunglasses :wacko:

Regards, Rudi.