About the GUI skinning

I read a topic in Scripts & Scraps about professional GUI skinning, but I don't understand how to use either of the programs with auotoit. The closed topic can be found here.

Regards

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Moderators

Why wouldn't you use those, I've used them, and they are very nice skinning options?

Edit:

And if called correctly, work quite well.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

OK this is very useful...if I get it right you simply create a background image and put "invisible" controls on top of them...smart...but if someone could direct me in the right direction for creating GUI's using the previously mentioned programs, my ears are wide opened!

Regards

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Moderators

I think I know why the topic was closed (due to people providing hacks). If a Moderator reads this, and says it's ok, I'll place the legitimate DLLCalls here to run the demo version correctly.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Well that would be nice, hopefully someone does give permission...

OK this is very useful...if I get it right you simply create a background image and put "invisible" controls on top of them...smart...but if someone could direct me in the right direction for creating GUI's using the previously mentioned programs, my ears are wide opened!

Regards

Yeah, using background image and invisible buttons is nice but how do we create the "button pushed" effect? Most skinnable GUIs let you define an "On" image (that's when the button is "pushed") and an "Off" image (which is the background that we already have). How do we achieve the effect of having an "On" image?

If there was a function that would load a portion of an image (from the On image) right on top of the background, that would be perfect. However, I'm not aware of anything like that.

Edited by b8bboi

btw I don't see where I can skin my own program at all using SkinCrafter, I can only view a pre-made program showing how the skins look. Could someone tell me where I can skin my own program using SkinCrafter?

Regards

• Moderators

btw I don't see where I can skin my own program at all using SkinCrafter, I can only view a pre-made program showing how the skins look. Could someone tell me where I can skin my own program using SkinCrafter?

Regards

With the DLLCalls, all you do is make your GUI with everything you want, then you can make your own skin or choose from a list of skins that comes with it, and "Your" GUI will come out with their/your skin.

So when you put a certain dllcall in your own script, it will become skinned automatically? Guess I'll try that then.

Tnx for helping!

Regards