Winpe

it didn't work, ran out of time at the end of the day, or I'd tell you what the error message was... it sure could be handy to have AutoIt work in PE, any ideas what I might add to my PE disk to allow AutoIt to run?

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

I use compiled scripts all the time in PE. I am also this-is-me from the CD forum. I have used autoit for anything from password reset scripts to replacements for batch files. They all work fine in PE.

Who else would I be?

really? which cd forum? now that I'm back at work (damned mondays, double damned spyware) I can try out my test app again, btw, here's what I compiled:

(oh, and I'm testing a compiled app, not running a script via autoit3.exe

;check for something, put it in a MsgBox
MsgBox(0,"title", "OSVersion shows as " & @OSVersion & @CRLF & "OSBuild shows as " & @OSBuild & @CRLF & "Comspec is " & @ComSpec)

I figured I'd start small... is it the macros I tried to call that're screwing me up? (I'm using the real PE, not Bart's PE-like version, btw)

911cd.net forums...

I think the @Macros read their info from the registry. That means that if the info has not been entered in the registry before you create your cd, the macros will fail. Also try putting each macro into a separate messagebox to test and see which particular one messes up. btw "this is me" is looking at the help file according to your avatar, but "this-is-me" is not. (lol)

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

911cd.net forums...

I think the @Macros read their info from the registry. That means that if the info has not been entered in the registry before you create your cd, the macros will fail. Also try putting each macro into a separate messagebox to test and see which particular one messes up.

I'll try that with the @macros, will also try a script devoid of them... it would be handy to have a script that behaved differently in PE than other OS's...

btw "this is me" is looking at the help file according to your avatar, but "this-is-me" is not. (lol)

:huh2: I don't get it :D

ok, back at my desk after spending four hours fighting spyware. *shoots all spyware/adware programers* I can again report the error in WinPE (to clarify, this is not a "PE-Like" boot environment, like Bart's PE-like boot cd (which cd911 is based on) it's the real WinPE available from MS for corporate clients and OEM manufacturers)

I get the following error: "The system cannot execute the specified program."

I get the same error when trying to launch autoit3.exe on it's own, or autoit3.exe script.au3

so, anyone have any idea what I might add to the PE disk that'd allow it to run autoit?

Sounds like the norm, actuall Microsoft version falls short. Bart's is better. :D

Sorry not a corporate type, so don't have that perticular version and can't test it. Bart's version works with autoit, and a whole lot of addons, virus checkers, disk utils, and backups. I didn't realise MicrosoftPE didn't work well.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

well drat... I've got WinPE to work on our network, and hadn't gotten Bart's to do that last time (the broadcom NIC was holding me back) well, maybe I'll check it out again, it'd be schweet to be able to have an autoit interface customized to my needs for reimaging PC's and such...

I use compiled scripts all the time in PE. I am also this-is-me from the CD forum. I have used autoit for anything from password reset scripts to replacements for batch files. They all work fine in PE.

I use AutoIt scripts in Bart's PE as well.

You may have seen my SourceForge project, Registry Editor PE, which is written entirely in AutoIt v3.

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/regeditpe/

You should indicate on SourceForge that your programming language is AutoItV3 :D

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

I just wanted to tell you all that I have seen the light. BartPE has improved so much since I first saw it. The built in network support just put it up a notch into "abso-fucking-ltely" wonderful and I'll now be working with it instead of WinPE... (yay autoit scripts from a boot cd!)

I use AutoIt scripts in Bart's PE as well.

You may have seen my SourceForge project, Registry Editor PE, which is written entirely in AutoIt v3.

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/regeditpe/

I've downloaded it and will be integrating it. Thanks!

(oh, I agree, you should put AutoIt as the language :D )

I have been using BartPE for last 6 months or so. I have it multibooting with various DOS and Linux utilities. This CD is my main workplace tool.

I have various remote install utilities written in Aut3 - these appear to work OK but...

I wrote a GUI front end for Robocopy (using Aut3GUI)- mainly to be used on desktops but my hope was it would work well on BartPE for pulling data off knackered hard drives!!)

On a standard desktop it works really well (mostly :D )

but on bartPE...

I think I ran up against the process limit problem. The GUI only half appears. I turn off the clock - bit more appears (I can't get tabs to appear at all) - I disconnect a mapped drive and a bit more appears.

I want to get rid of the process limit - but I don't want full blown explorer functions - its just a rescue disk for me.

I've downloaded it and will be integrating it.  Thanks!

(oh, I agree, you should put AutoIt as the language :huh2: )

I tried to, but sadly enough SourceForge does not consider AutoIt as one of the options for Programming Language :D