Harddrive Monitor

Hello again,

I had an odd idea to make a script that would list which process is accessing the harddrive, along with the directory (and maybe file). So, I start writting my script and boom... mindblank. I know some 3rd party software can do this (I.E. Norton products) and I wonder how they go about it. I have no idea if this can be done in Au3, and if so where to start.

Any suggestions?

Thanx,

-CMR

This is most likely done by accessing windows com objects ( think they're called but sorry am newbie )

I personally don't know how to do it but you will most likely have to use some tools

DLL's, AutoIT beta, and this scriptomatic

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...opic=10534&st=0

There are people here that can guide you much better than I can but just wanted to try and help you.

From what I can see when I run my Filemonitor.exe from sysinternals it captures all processes and then log all reads and writes to the hard drive from that process.

These links may help you

Admin Tool

Also Search or lookup Function ObjGet in the beta helpfile. That's all I have for now.

Edited by Neoborn

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT