Extracting music files from a cd

I know I could just download a program, but I want to learn how to do this.

The extension of the file is .cda, which I think is like a compressed or shortcut for the real file. Because if I drag the file out and take out the CD the music file will not play because it has lost it's source. So I'm thinking, should I use some string commands for this? Then maybe I'll need to convert them, but I think all I'd need to do is rename the extension to, say mp3 and it'll probably work. It needs to read into the D:\ drive and the file names are, Track1.cda, Track2.cda, and Track3.cda etc.

Thanks.

Edited by bucky002

You will need to:

1. Find the drive

2. Search the drive for all files that have that extension

3. Copy those files to windows / folder

Commands: ( Lookup in helpfile )

DriveGetDrive

FileFindFirstFile

FileFindNextFile

FileCopy

As per answers.com CDA explanation

Hope this helps if not forgive me am noob :)

Edited by Neoborn

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

What happens when you right click on the cda file and select copy then choose your desktop and paste?

Perhaps there is some sort of copy protection.

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

I believe the CDA files are nothing more than visual representations that the audio CD has specific tracks; you cannot copy them directly. It think it would be analogous copying a desktop shortcut instead of copying the actual executable.

Search the internet for programs that rip CDs or extract music.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!