Auto Select text

Hi everoyne,

I am new to this tool so i have a couple of questions about the possibilities of auto-it v3.

We have software running from for our business and it contains a chat engine.

What we would like to do is save the chatlogs. They are already logged by the program it self but with the program it self we dont have a search possibilty in the typed text. And with over 8000 lines per day that's really difficult to find lines back.

With the program it isn't possible to do a "Select all" or ctrl+a, all you can do is point your mousepointer to the first letter of the first line and then click the left mousebutton and hold it down, then you have to take the mousepointer to the bottom of the page so everthing scrolls down til the end of the page ( on a busy day this scrolling can take up to 40 or more seconds scrolling)

When you finally reach the end of the page is isn't possible to select copy from any meu, you have to use ctrl+c and then paste it to an texteditor.

What we would like to know could auto-it help us save time and automate these steps described above.

What can autoit do with variables like different numbers of line (one day 5000 other day 10000)

Maybe someone could give me some pointers??

THX

Jan

Hello,

If you do a search in the forum, maybe you can find a script that someone might have created with some of the functions you need. I'm sure someone has..I would like to help, but I'm also new to this.

Hi everoyne,

I am new to this tool so i have a couple of questions about the possibilities of auto-it v3.

We have software running from for our business and it contains a chat engine.

What we would like to do is save the chatlogs. They are already logged by the program it self but with the program it self we dont have a search possibilty in the typed text. And with over 8000 lines per day that's really difficult to find lines back.

With the program it isn't possible to do a "Select all" or ctrl+a, all you can do is point your mousepointer to the first letter of the first line and then click the left mousebutton and hold it down, then you have to take the mousepointer to the bottom of the page so everthing scrolls down til the end of the page ( on a busy day this scrolling can take up to 40 or more seconds scrolling)

When you finally reach the end of the page is isn't possible to select copy from any meu, you have to use ctrl+c and then paste it to an texteditor.

What we would like to know could auto-it help us save time and automate these steps described above.

What can autoit do with variables like different numbers of line (one day 5000 other day 10000)

Maybe someone could give me some pointers??

THX

Jan

Hi,

maybe you code give us some code or pseudo code what you want to have.

A txt file which you want to search through for keywords or what?

Try to explain a little bit more in detail, please.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Maybe that log is stored as a TXT file on the server - then it is nothing to do just open with editor and scan it.

Hi,

maybe doesn't help. :) I don't think it is a txt file, because then it should be very easy to find the keywords by pressing STRG+F in nearly every texteditor.

I guess, we have to wait for a more detailed explanation.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

You can use the AutoIt Info tool to get the name of the control you're trying to copy text from. You can find this tool in SciTE>>Tools>>AU3Info (or the hotkey is Ctrl+F6 with SciTE open). If you don't have SciTE installed (which you should :) ), then you can also point to Start>>All Programs>>AutoIt v3>>AutoIt Window Info. Once you have this window open, click on the window that contains the text you want, and hover your mouse over the text itself and you'll see a section called "Control Under Mouse"

From that section remember the "ControlID". Now go into SciTE and type:

$text = ControlGetText("Insert Title of Window Here", "you can leave this blank", "ControlID")
MsgBox(0,"Results", StringLeft($text, 4000))

You'll have to run this while your window with the text you want is also open, then it will put up a message box displaying the first 4000 characters of the text. You could display all the text, but it would take a while to create one with 8000 lines, not to mention it wouldn't fit on the screen. And this is just for testing purposes anyway. If you have no idea about anything I just said (esp. about SciTE), then you should go to this excellent tutorial by Valuater. Hope that helps, good luck!

[u]My UDFs[/u]Coroutine Multithreading UDF LibraryStringRegExp GuideRandom EncryptorArrayToDisplayString"The Brain, expecting disaster, fails to find the obvious solution." -- neogia