Sam Loyd's Fifteen puzzle

odklizec

Hi folks,

I just created this nice little game for your pleasure (while testing AutoIt capabilities). You know..this is a well known board game with 15 stones. The stones are randomized and you should reorder them using the empty space. The game is always solvable..no dead ends :)

I'm curious about your result! Anything under 100 turns is great result. If you do it above 200..well, you should try it again :( Even child can do it above 200..

Posted Image

15.au3

now

Edited by BigDod

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

I really like this game :(

On my Mac I have it on my dashboard, except it's a jumbled picture of a Tiger (Mac OSX Tiger :)).

I also have one that's a small metal square with re-arrangable pieces; I got it one Christmastime and liked it. Kinda a lame gift, though :D

Ha, I haven't been on these forums since... 2006, almost. Behold, my legacy signature:My AutoIt idol is Valuater. You know you love him, too.My Stuff: D&D AGoT Tools Suite

Excellent work, any cahnce of making this capable of loading a picture, cutting it into 16 pieces, and using the pieces of the picture to move around....? Probably pretty hard but itd be cool to do, great work tho! :)

_____________________________________________________"some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"Wallpaper Changer - Easily Change Your Windows Wallpaper

Excellent work, any cahnce of making this capable of loading a picture, cutting it into 16 pieces, and using the pieces of the picture to move around....? Probably pretty hard but itd be cool to do, great work tho! :)

Well, this shouldn't be so hard to do this using for example irfanview (command line version) to crop the selected image. But because I prefer a built in functions, I'm looking for image crop using the windows calls (GDI or GDI+). But at the moment, I don't have any clue how to do that :( Any idea? I know this was discussed several times in the past, but I don't think the irfanview way is the best option :D We have to find a better one..