XP Hotfix Integrator

Freakyboy

Hello everybody,

I don't know if there are people around this forum who are into Unattended XP CDs/DVDs or MultiBoot CDs/DVDs, but I'll post this anyway.

Me and a friend wrote this little tool, in AutoIt offcourse :( , that integrates Windows hotfixes into your XP directory. It can integrate every hotfix that supports the "/integrate:" switch. I hope this little tool we help you with you XP CDs :) .

Posted Image

Download

Digi-Masters' Home

Greetz :D

Edited by Freakyboy

You can it's just that if your not trusted then post the source.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

• Moderators

The source looks fine, no exe's being fileinstalled or called to from what I saw.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

how the hell did you include the images! :|

FileInstall("file 2 include", "where to install", flag*)

* flag: 0. Don't overwrite, 1. Overwrite

@ partypooper: Why would infect this tool? Does it get me something or somewhere?

Edited by Freakyboy

FileInstall("file 2 include", "where to install", flag*)

* flag: 0. Don't overwrite, 1. Overwrite

@ partypooper: Why would infect this tool? Does it get me something or somewhere?

Ok I dont want to argue about this, but what would be the pleasure for me if I did that :)

I use something like this to install hotfixes:

$Path='S:\Software'
If @OSVersion = "WIN_XP" Then
    Install ($Path&"\Updates - Servicepacks\Microsoft\XP", " /quiet /norestart /o /n /f")
    If @OSServicePack = "Service Pack 1" Then
        Install ($Path&"\Updates - Servicepacks\Microsoft\XP_SP1", " /quiet /norestart /o /n /f")
    Else
        Install ($Path&"\Updates - Servicepacks\Microsoft\XP_SP2", " /quiet /norestart /o /n /f")
    EndIf
Elseif @OSVersion = "Win_2000" Then
    Install ($Path&"\Updates - Servicepacks\Microsoft\W2k", " -q -u -n -z")
EndIf

Func Install ($a, $B); $a=SearchPath, $b=InstallString
$search = FileFindFirstFile( $a&"\Windows*.*")
While 1
    $file = FileFindNextFile($search) 
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    $Fix = StringSplit( $file , "-" )
    If RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\"&$Fix[2], "Publisher") = "Microsoft Corporation" Then
        ContinueLoop
    Else
        $Installed = $Installed+1
        TrayTip("clears any tray tip","",0)
        TrayTip( "HotFix" , "Installing "&StringReplace ( $file, "-x86-DEU.exe", "" ), 300, 1) 
        RunWait($a&"\"&$file &$B)
    EndIf
    WEnd
    FileClose($search)
EndFunc

If $Installed > 0 Then
    #region End
    $iMsgBoxAnswer = MsgBox(262180,"HotFix","Installation complete." & @CRLF & _ 
    "Do you want to reboot now?")
    Select
    Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 6 ;Yes
        Shutdown (6)    
    Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 7 ;No
        Exit
    EndSelect
    #EndRegion End
Else
    MsgBox (0, "Hotfix" , "All Fixes installed." )
EndIf

EXIT

I guess, /integrate:<Path to CD-Structure> should do the trick here. (You should leave the reg-stuff :) )

Edited by dabus

Ok I dont want to argue about this, but what would be the pleasure for me if I did that :)

I guess it would be the same pleasure any virus/trojan spreader gets. I'm not saying this is what you are doing, I'm saying it's relatively easy to write a trojan in any script language and since this is your first post and you haven't shared the source, personally I'm very reluctant to run any executable you provide. That aside, since I have no source and I have not seen anything you've coded, and to my knowledge, this is your first AutoIt program, how do I know you simply haven't made a mistake in your code that wipes my hard disk by accident? I'm just not willing to take that chance, sorry.