Speed of appearing text

How do i control the speed of the text that appears in a document

I got inside my house, leant back on my bed and began to think...where the hell was my roof?!?!24 hours in a day....24 beers in a case....Coincidence??

• Moderators

How do i control the speed of the text that appears in a document

Could you be any less descriptive? :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

i have a script that will open notepad and scroll a lot of text into the document but the speed of which the text appears is too fast. How do I slow down the speed of the appearing text?

I got inside my house, leant back on my bed and began to think...where the hell was my roof?!?!24 hours in a day....24 beers in a case....Coincidence??

• Moderators

i have a script that will open notepad and scroll a lot of text into the document but the speed of which the text appears is too fast. How do I slow down the speed of the appearing text?

Considering we don't know how your sending it, I will assume that it's send() ... look at Opt('SendKeyDelay') in the help file.

@JoshDB... :) that's bright to encourage non descriptive posts asking for help leaving us with nothing but a guessing game on what they really want, not even a script to show what they are doing.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

AutoItSetOption ("SendKeyDelay", 100)
AutoItSetOption ("WinWaitDelay", 1)
AutoItSetOption ("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)
AutoItSetOption ("TrayIconDebug", 1)

Run("notepad")
WinWait("Notepad")
Send("i have a script that will open notepad and scroll a lot of text into the document but the speed of which the text appears is too fast. How do I slow down the speed of the appearing text?" & @CRLF & @CRLF)

ControlSend("Notepad", "", "Edit1", "i have a script that will open notepad and scroll a lot of text into the document but the speed of which the text appears is too fast. How do I slow down the speed of the appearing text?" & @CRLF & @CRLF)

ControlSetText("Notepad", "", "Edit1", "i have a script that will open notepad and scroll a lot of text into the document but the speed of which the text appears is too fast. How do I slow down the speed of the appearing text?")
...but like Sm0ke_N said - we can only assume that you are sending the text using the "Send" or ControlSend function.

Edit: to mention ControlSend and ControlSetText

Note that the Opt setting does not change ControlSetText

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

AutoItSetOption ("SendKeyDelay", 100)
AutoItSetOption ("WinWaitDelay", 1)
AutoItSetOption ("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)
AutoItSetOption ("TrayIconDebug", 1)

Run("notepad")
WinWait("Notepad")
Send("i have a script that will open notepad and scroll a lot of text into the document but the speed of which the text appears is too fast. How do I slow down the speed of the appearing text?" & @CRLF & @CRLF)

ControlSend("Notepad", "", "Edit1", "i have a script that will open notepad and scroll a lot of text into the document but the speed of which the text appears is too fast. How do I slow down the speed of the appearing text?" & @CRLF & @CRLF)

ControlSetText("Notepad", "", "Edit1", "i have a script that will open notepad and scroll a lot of text into the document but the speed of which the text appears is too fast. How do I slow down the speed of the appearing text?")
...but like Sm0ke_N said - we can only assume that you are sending the text using the "Send" or ControlSend function.

Edit: to mention ControlSend and ControlSetText

Note that the Opt setting does not change ControlSetText

thanks for the script! I learned something new :)

Considering we don't know how your sending it, I will assume that it's send() ... look at Opt('SendKeyDelay') in the help file.

@JoshDB... :) that's bright to encourage non descriptive posts asking for help leaving us with nothing but a guessing game on what they really want, not even a script to show what they are doing.

When you get another 4100+ posts under your belt, you might understand...

Why didn't you at least post the "Opt" answer along with your commentary?

Sorry, I didn't mean offense. I'm against crappy non-descriptive posts, but it was just being funny.

Ha, I haven't been on these forums since... 2006, almost. Behold, my legacy signature:My AutoIt idol is Valuater. You know you love him, too.My Stuff: D&D AGoT Tools Suite

Sorry, I didn't mean offense. I'm against crappy non-descriptive posts, but it was just being funny.

Then be careful how you use the "idiot" emoticon. It is hard to tell if you are referring to yourself in jest or calling the person that you quoted an idiot for making the post.

Consider the various ways that this could be interpreted:

Could you be more sarcastic? Idiot!

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Hi,

if you like that other effects in Autoit texts (Labels) ... I just found that

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/peethebee/text_effects/

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times