_ArrayToString()

Hi,

is there a reason why _ArrayToString() returns "" and sets an error if there's only one element in the array? I think it should return the element (without any separator) instead. Does anyone else support this RFC?

Hi,

is there a reason why _ArrayToString() returns "" and sets an error if there's only one element in the array? I think it should return the element (without any separator) instead. Does anyone else support this RFC?

Hmm... :)

;Test _ArrayToString()
#include <array.au3>
Global $MyString, $MyArray[1] = ["Chunky"]
_TestIt()

_ArrayAdd($MyArray, "Funky")
_ArrayAdd($MyArray, "Monkey")
_TestIt()

$MyArray = StringSplit($MyString, ";")
_ArrayDisplay($MyArray, "_StringSplit()")

_TestIt()

Func _TestIt()
    $MyString = _ArrayToString($MyArray, ";")
    $SaveError = @error
    MsgBox(64, "Test _ArrayToString()", "Returned string = " & $MyString & @CRLF & _
            "@Error = " & $SaveError)
EndFunc   ;==>_TestIt

The helpfile make a point out it being the recipricol of StringSplit(), but for that you have to be sure to add start index = 1 (which is 0 by default). Then _StringSplit($MyString, ";") = _ArrayToString($MyArray, ";", 1). But your change won't hurt any already-written scripts, since it just eliminates an error condition, so it seems reasonable to me.

I like the idea... :(

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hi,

P.S. This probably belongs in the v3 Idea Lab forum... perhaps some nice moderator would move the thread?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Developers

Well, if this RFC seams not be that interesting for the rest of you, I will do a quick hack for my own. :D

Thank you PsaltyDS for your support :D

what about you take the current Function and you write a proposal for changes in a way that no current implementations will brake ?

:P

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)