gui help

Guest s_mack

Guest s_mack

I'm getting absolutely nowhere with the GUI in v3.

First off... is it an external app like in v2 or is it built in? (I'm finding conflicting posts).

Are there any examples/tutorials/etc for it?

Is it even implemented yet?

thanks

:D

Download autoit-v3.0.102.exe Its help file should show some examples.

The current GUI implementation is in beta testing an is in the "unstable" AutoIt versions.

Also try AutoBuilder which supposedly makes GUI creation easier.

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Guest s_mack

Thanks CS. While I appreciate the AutoBuilder tool, I'd prefer to learn from the ground-up. I already downloaded that version of AutoIt3... but with the lack of GUI documentation - I'm very lost.

However, its now aparent that it ISN'T fully implemented yet, and that's fine :D I'll wait.

One question though: Is it expected to be able to be updated in real-time? That is... with autgui and autoit v2, I had to close and re-open autgui to update info and that looked very choppy. It would be nicer if I could update the items on the form without having to close and re-open.

Another EASY Q (a little embarassed)... what exactly is a "control"?

I already downloaded that version of AutoIt3... but with the lack of GUI documentation - I'm very lost. ....

One question though:  Is it expected to be able to be updated in real-time? ....

Another EASY Q (a little embarassed)... what exactly is a "control"?

1) Help file Contents > AutoIt > Function Reference > Message Boxes and Dialogs > Gui Reference

2) Yes, it can be updated in real-time.

3) A control is anything such as a button, text box, checkbox, list box, and so on.

Hope that helps

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!