Duplex Printing

Is it possible to set up a excel document so that text I add is printed on the back side of the document?

Maybe its better to ask... Does any one know how Excel prints in duplex?
INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

Maybe its better to ask... Does any one know how Excel prints in duplex?

I don't believe Excel prints in Duplex - but some printers have Duplex capability (automatically turning paper for alternative pages).

If your printer can do duplex print - try setting printer options.

I would try adding a Page Break and then specifying what page to print in PrintOut method. In between pages ask user to reinsert the paper.

In my formal life, I was a LaserJet University instructor. Several things..

1. What printer are you using?

2. If it is a HP printer, and it has duplex capability, you will need to set the driver so it will duplex.

3. If the document is 2 pages long, and item 2 is set, you can get it to duplex. However, you will need to have enough carriage returns so that the text will be on the second page. Since you plan to use Excel, you could put the text you want in a cell that would be in the second page of the spreadsheet. It is important that you set your print areas in the spreadsheet ahead of time so it will print correctly. Look into using ExcelCOM.au3. you can get it here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14166

So it just takes the following page and puts in on the reverse.. thats easy enough. This might get alittle more outside the scope of the original question, but is it possibe to set the print area currently thru ExcelAu3?

INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

Be forewarned if the Excel workbook contains multiple sheets: http://www.mcse.ms/archive160-2005-6-1651584.html

(I ran into this problem and just ended up installing a copy of the printer with duplex enabled in the settings.)

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

I do not know if you can set the print area with ExcelCOM, but I suspect you can't. I do like CyberSlug's idea of installing a driver that is setup that way, and using that to print it. You may want to get with Randell to see if setting the print area is possible.

Edited by vollyman