Interacting with a webpage

I am completely new to AutoIt so please don't bite my head off here.

I was wondering if it is possible to have AutoIt interact with webpage. Such that you could have AutoIt make a call to a php, asp, etc page and load variables as a result of what occurs on that webpage.

An example of this would be something like an address book that stores its contacts in a mysql database and loads those contacts in to the AutoIt program via a php page which calls the variables from the db and prints them to the result. Which can then be editted and passed to the php form for input in to the database.

I'm just trying to figure out the limits of AutoIt here to find out if it would be useful for everything that I could want to do with it.

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

I am completely new to AutoIt so please don't bite my head off here.

I was wondering if it is possible to have AutoIt interact with webpage. Such that you could have AutoIt make a call to a php, asp, etc page and load variables as a result of what occurs on that webpage.

An example of this would be something like an address book that stores its contacts in a mysql database and loads those contacts in to the AutoIt program via a php page which calls the variables from the db and prints them to the result. Which can then be editted and passed to the php form for input in to the database.

I'm just trying to figure out the limits of AutoIt here to find out if it would be useful for everything that I could want to do with it.

Thanks in advance.

This isn't a support forum, this is where you put your scripts or scraps of scripts you've made in (sort of a library if you will).

I answered your question in the support forum here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ndpost&p=190713

Edit:

Damn they moved it on me as I was posting :)

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.