Scite Questions

Guru's,

once more i got a couple of questions regarding Scite4AutoIt:

* How can i configure Scite in a way that F5 does "Beta Run", F7 does "Beta Compile" and F1 gives me the "Beta Help" ? Need this since i solely use the current beta for my scripts.

* Is there a way to make Scite remember it's last position and size on the screen ?

* Is there a way to get my own tools into the Tools-Menu ? I'd like to run Winspector or DebugView from that menu too.

* Is there a GUI that would make configuration of own tools, screen-size/position or additional help easier to do ?

Thanks a bunch !

...Fenster fährt mich Nüsse...

Think you have to mess with au3.proerpties in the scite folder:

# Commands to compile / run your script 
command.compile.*.au3=$(SciteDefaultHome)\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe /in "$(FilePath)"
command.build.*.au3="$(autoit3dir)\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe" /in "$(FilePath)"
# this GO command will display errors in the Output window use with 3.0.102 or higher
command.go.*.au3="$(autoit3dir)\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "$(FilePath)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)

Locate the definition of autoit3dir and point it to your beta installation.

@vollyman has created a extencive toolbar modification of scite if I recall right.

Looking forward to the tool (or extention of SciteConfig.au3) :D

Do not add custom settings to Au3.properties. Use the User Options file instead.

* How can i configure Scite in a way that F5 does "Beta Run", F7 does "Beta Compile" and F1 gives me the "Beta Help" ? Need this since i solely use the current beta for my scripts.

Add into your User Options file under Options Menu

autoit3dir=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\Beta

or use fullpath to beta folder.

* Is there a way to make Scite remember it's last position and size on the screen ?

## Scite start position and size
position.left=100
position.top=100
position.width=800
position.height=600

Can adjust settings to suit

* Is there a way to get my own tools into the Tools-Menu ? I'd like to run Winspector or DebugView from that menu too.

Look at Au3.properties under Options Menu for how the present tools are setup. Add your tools into User Options file.

* Is there a GUI that would make configuration of own tools, screen-size/position or additional help easier to do ?

This Gui will add settings to Scite's User Options file

TSCT - The Scite Config Tool

Edit: download tsct_0.9.4.3.zip at bottom of list.

Edited by MHz

Do not add custom settings to Au3.properties. Use the User Options file instead.

Yup, a much better advice. Thanks :D

autoit3dir=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\Beta

or use fullpath to beta folder.

Hi,

I would like to change F5 to use the beta too, but when I tried the above change it does not work for me. Should my User Options file have any contents before I add the above entry (I also tried specifying the full path to the Beta folder).

I am using version 1.67 of SciTe.

Thanks

VW

You do not need to have anything in User Options file before adding a new setting. The User Options file will be created in your profile directory upon first addition to it (For 9x, in Scite's home folder).

Specifying the fullpath to the beta folder should work. The relative path I mentioned is assuming that the beta folder is up 1 directory and then into the beta folder.

1.68 is latest Scite version so could be a good idea to update.

Would you be able to state the path and the error occurred?

You do not need to have anything in User Options file before adding a new setting. The User Options file will be created in your profile directory upon first addition to it (For 9x, in Scite's home folder).

Specifying the fullpath to the beta folder should work. The relative path I mentioned is assuming that the beta folder is up 1 directory and then into the beta folder.

1.68 is latest Scite version so could be a good idea to update.

Would you be able to state the path and the error occurred?

Updating to 1.68 was the answer.

This is really convenient, thank you for your help.

VW

A prototype has been made of SciteConfig to enable / disable Scite tools by checkbox selection. In knowledge of this, you can plan latter to remove the obsolete beta items from the tool's menu easily with SciteConfig directly changing within the Au3.properties file itself. As SciteConfig is JdeB's project, I should not confirm anything more on it.

:D

• Developers

The updated SciTEConfig will be in the next version of the installer...

SciTE 1.69 had been released so I will be rolling out an update for SciTE4AutoIt3 soon.....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)