ITB

rubiks

Hey all,

This is the first app I have released to the public. ITB (IT Basics) is an application to help anyone working in IT to do various tasks in a easier way. ITB is currently in Beta at version 0.2. The features currently available are listed below.

Features:

Ping (Ping any workstation. You can even ping websites)

Who's Logged In** (See who's logged into any workstation)

Delete Profile** (Delete a Windows profile from Documents and Settings)

Admin Share** (Admin share into any drive C - Z)

Registry** (Add, Delete, Read registry information)

Copy* (Copy a file from one location to another)

File Checker** (Search a computer or list of computers for a certain file)

Run* (Run any EXE, BAT, COM, and PIF file)

Shutdown** (Shutdown or reboot any workstation. Even by force)

Options (Check for updates and About information)

*Admin rights might be required to use this feature

**Admin rights are required to use this feature

Posted Image

I've mainly been working on this for my own benefit and my co-workers, but I figured there might be others out there that could benefit from this application. As stated above, this is a Beta application and is to be used at users own risk. If you have comments, questions, bugs, and feature requests you can send to itb@scene-missing.com

The website to download from is http://www.scene-missing.com/applications/itbasics/

The site is still in very early stages...there's just a download link at this time. I plan to have screenshots and a change log. New releases will come as bugs are found, features are added, etc....

I hope you all like it! Please let me know what you think!

Rubiks

Edited by rubiks

Candy is Dandy, but Liquor is Quicker

You can trust if you wish. I've been using this app for a while now. I just have it in Beta stage just incase I missed something or a feature doesn't operate as it should/does on my system. Decompile was removed when I compiled it.

This app has many possiblities.. Thanks for sharing. But even though your script may be beta it is still best to share and let others see what you are doing. They can help further your script along in many cases.. BTW, this forum is about script scraps anyway..

Cheers.. :D

source?

So this is untrusted code until you get us the source, then?

can't you decompile it?

This is addressed to both of you and everybody else. If you don't trust somebody, don't download their program but most importantly shut up. Nobody needs to read your posts stating you don't trust them without the source. Contrary to what you want to think, people do have the right to post a program without source. If you don't trust it, move along and keep your comments on the subject worthless comments out of people's threads. It is not mandatory to post the source code to a program you post on this forum. It is encouraged but not required.

This is addressed to both of you and everybody else. If you don't trust somebody, don't download their program but most importantly shut up. Nobody needs to read your posts stating you don't trust them without the source. Contrary to what you want to think, people do have the right to post a program without source. If you don't trust it, move along and keep your comments on the subject worthless comments out of people's threads. It is not mandatory to post the source code to a program you post on this forum. It is encouraged but not required.

Valik,

I strongly disagree with you very rude statement above.

Users of this forum, especially new users, need to be made aware that not all executable files posted here are safe to run. And people who post files may not realize that others may be leary of their program and sometimes need to be reminded to include their source code.

I can't understand how an AutoIt developer, such as yourself, can be so disrespectful to your forum users.

I would tell you to shut up, but then I wouldn't be any better than you are.

But then again, I am not a developer. I am just one voice of the people who won't tell you what they really think of your attitude towards others in our community.

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

ITB (IT Basics) is an application to help anyone working in IT to do various tasks in a easier way.

Rubiks- Do you use Active Directory at work? If so, you may want to use your apps inside a custom Task Menu so that you can just pick a machine from the AD list and perform the task on it. I have about 25 tools that I use this way, all written in AutoITl, that do everything from open the C$ to run automated-unattended cleanup of any target machine or group...
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

Valik,

I strongly disagree with you very rude statement above.

Deal with it.

Users of this forum, especially new users, need to be made aware that not all executable files posted here are safe to run.

Let the stupid blow themselves off the internet. Anybody with more than one working brain cell should know to never trust anything.

And people who post files may not realize that others may be leary of their program and sometimes need to be reminded to include their source code.

Reminder? I hardly call these posts reminders. They are basically ultimatums: "Post your source code or I won't use your program." I can't tell you the number of times I've seen people coerced into releasing their source code they didn't really want to because of harassment received from people on this forum. Edit: Note, I'm not just referring to the posts in this thread. I've seen this same song and dance a hundred times on this forum.

I can't understand how an AutoIt developer, such as yourself, can be so disrespectful to your forum users.

There is no correlation between my contributions to AutoIt and my opinions on the people that frequent this place.

I would tell you to shut up, but then I wouldn't be any better than you are.

Third-grade retort, nice.

But then again, I am not a developer. I am just one voice of the people who won't tell you what they really think of your attitude towards others in our community.

taurus905

I'm not really interested in what the community thinks about my attitude.

I re-iterate, posting source code is not mandatory. I don't really have a problem with one post asking for the source code. What I do have a problem with is multiple posts asking for it. I also have a problem with people bringing up the "I don't trust you so post your source code" argument. People own the software they write in AutoIt. It is their's to do with as they please, including but not limited to releasing a compiled binary without source.

If you don't like that, get over it. That's the way things are. Posts asking for source code after the OP has stated their reason for not releasing or posts demanding the source code are off-topic. So are posts explaining that people are not going to trust the application without source.

Edited by Valik

Source is at home on laptop... I'm at work at this time....

rubiks,

I was wondering if it was your intension to share your source code once you get home to your laptop, or if you would rather not.

I don't believe in decompiling other people's executables if they want to keep their source code private.

Thanks,

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

rubiks,

I was wondering if it was your intension to share your source code once you get home to your laptop, or if you would rather not.

I don't believe in decompiling other people's executables if they want to keep their source code private.

Thanks,

taurus905

This is a fine way to ask for the source. There are no demands, no requests, no justifications to why the source should be released, just a simple question asking if it's the intention of the author to post their code. I have no problem with people asking for the source in this manner so long as people actually respect the OP's response.

This is a fine way to ask for the source. There are no demands, no requests, no justifications to why the source should be released, just a simple question asking if it's the intention of the author to post their code. I have no problem with people asking for the source in this manner so long as people actually respect the OP's response.

Thank you Valik. Maybe I misunderstood your anger.

I have nothing but respect for all things that don't disrespect.

My montra is:

Treat me good and I'll treat you better. Treat me bad and I'll treat your worse.

taurus905

• Moderators

The reason I decompiled his program was in a effort to stop all the "SOURCE PLEASE!" posts. Notice I didn't release his source, and I also deleted it after I looked it over and ran it.

The reason I decompiled his program was in a effort to stop all the "SOURCE PLEASE!" posts. Notice I didn't release his source, and I also deleted it after I looked it over and ran it.

big_daddy,

Please don't misunderstand my statement. I was not questioning your ethics.

But I did think that you were putting your reputation on the line a little.

If this was a malicious attempt to infect other's computers, he could have switched the .exe after someone we trust said it was clean.

I know it was not your intent to put anyone at risk.

We all should know to take responsibility for whatever we download.

Some will learn the hard way.

taurus905

jefhal - Yes, we use AD, but I've yet to figure out a way to do the abilities that you're refering to. I also wanted to make this have the ability to have usable features for people have home networks. Any pointers would be awesome and apperciated!

Taurus905 - I would honestly prefer to not post my code. Mainly for this reason is that anyone that request features or anything at all, I would like to do any and all coding so I can continue to improve my knowledge and understanding of coding. I can understand how people may not be interested in trying a new program when the code is not present because of the many improper things that can be done to someones system. My intention is only to help others with my application and not cause harm to systems. Now, as Valik says...you can't really trust anyone...I could just be saying this to con users into using a tainted program. But I stand by my program and I hope that anyone that uses it enjoys it.

Big daddy - I appreciate all that you have done to help out with this as well! Perhaps as I post more there won't be issue that we saw when I first posted. I have a few good little apps that I've done. This is just the first that I released to the public.

Valik - Hey! I just want to say think you for defending my choice to not add my source. I considered it, but as you say that all applications are owned by the creator and I agree with that. I know that numerous people post their code and others will add their little things to it. I certainly appreciate pointers and requests, but I want to be able to do it my self so I can further understand how to code. So again... Thanks!!!

-Rubiks

jefhal - Yes, we use AD, but I've yet to figure out a way to do the abilities that you're refering to. I also wanted to make this have the ability to have usable features for people have home networks. Any pointers would be awesome and apperciated!

Hi Rubiks-

This guy's site is an amazing wealth of knowledge about active directory. I can't vouch for his reputation, but the tools I have found there all work and my machine has not blown up yet. (Probably has been compromised, but not blown up)...

This link shows the step by step to create an Active Directory Taskpad. Once you have the hang of it you can create your own shell commands to run AutoIT scripts. You will pass the machine name to the autoit script with the cmdline function in autoit.

As to your sourcecode, if it were not for BigDod, I probably would not have tried your exe. However, noting what one other poster said about substituting a new exe for the one BigDod tested, now I'm not sure I'd do that again. I guess I've just gotten used to most AutoIT posters posting au3 source and not exe's. Valik is dead on concerning source not being required, as long as the user of a random exe accepts the risk.

Let me know if you need more ideas of how to spice up Active Directory with AutoIT...

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format