i have a question

thx i thought it was

but i found out how to hide the icon anyway

Encouraging others to use AutoIt for potentially malicious reasons... this has re-inforced my initial impression.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if they use it for malicious use that's not my problem

That's where you are wrong. Which is precisely why I don't want to help you. You, and only you, are responsible for the information you pass on to others. Take responsibility for your actions, if you even care. Judging from your posts I don't think you do care what anyone does with AutoIt with information you provide them. I'll not be assisting you in the future.

but the info is already out there i just made it easyer to find

and i don't blame you for not assisting me at all

that is your right

i believe that information must be free. free to do with it a person wants do i agree if people use it for illigal acts. no i don't. but can i blame them for doing so.

yes i can because they are the ones who abuse the information. all life really is, is the consumption of knowallage

Edited by 314

• Moderators

if they use it for malicious use that's not my problem

I've kept quite and my thoughts to myself for the most part, because you hadn't made your intentions "public" information. Your posts in the Idea lab left some "reasonable" doubt, even your rant on "why no buddy trust you" left some "reasonable" doubt. At least now... There is no doubt.

You're right, it isn't your responsiblity on how somone uses your code, as it isn't Jon's responsibility on how someone uses his language. It's our responsibility as a whole in the community to try and keep AutoIt's name clean and safe for "real" scripters/programmers to use without the issue of False Positives for anti virus programs, that people like you cause.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

i believe that information must be free. free to do with it a person wants do i agree if people use it for illigal acts. no i don't. but can i blame them for doing so.

yes i can because they are the ones who abuse the information. all life really is, is the consumption of knowallage

that is your right

Metaphor:

If you give a gun to a kid and they kill themself, or anyone else, do you think you are not responsible? All you did was give them easier access to it, right? :D Sure, they "might" have been able to get a gun without your help, but that doesn't change the fact that you, personally, are responsible.

This is what you are basically doing. You are not helping out experienced programmers, hackers, w/e... They already know the info you are providing or they know where to find out. You are basically giving a loaded gun to a child and "hoping" they use good judgement with the information you are providing.

All of this is also assuming that you are not intending to use this information maliciously as well, which I am still not convinced.

Edited by Nomad

i am doing what god did. "what ever you do don't eat the apples from the forrbidin tree" i can't really remember but what did adam and eve do they ate the apples. thats right. "god gave them a loaded gun and asked them not to use it" but they did. not only did they use it but they had sex and thats how we came to be. everyone learns but some even programers/hackers need to be caught any programming languge can be used vb perl c++. but a basic like scripting languge. is just asking to be abused although i hope that it doesn't and never will. we all know that sooner or later it will. not many like that fact but it is true. and the real reason why kids thease days are getting dummer and stupider is because of adam and eve. they had to have sex.

that is your right

So you don't mind me publishing your and your family's bank accounts with a description of how to use it? The information is already out there, so it should be free and easy accessible according to you.

So you don't mind me publishing your and your family's bank accounts with a description of how to use it? The information is already out there, so it should be free and easy accessible according to you.

now now now read my statments

i said that if they use it for illigal use do i blame them no. because they made a decsiotion. but can i blame them i can.

if you did do that then you did and i can't stop that. is it immoral yes it is. do i blame you for doing that i can't blame you for publising info. can i blame you for how they used it. no i can't. but can i blame them/you for commiting the act. yes i can.

• Moderators

i am doing what god did.

Oh... So now your on the same level as God? :D

@314

Your actions directly or in-directly effect every user of AutoIt and any "decent" script they might compile to "share" or "sell". Like it or not... That's the cold hard truth of the matter. And the fact that you are un-willing to take responsibility for those actions or even boast of something you "think" you accomplished (ie.. keylogger) is an attestant to your moral standing.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Oh... So now your on the same level as God? :D

@314

Your actions directly or in-directly effect every user of AutoIt and any "decent" script they might compile to "share" or "sell". Like it or not... That's the cold hard truth of the matter. And the fact that you are un-willing to take responsibility for those actions or even boast of something you "think" you accomplished (ie.. keylogger) is an attestant to your moral standing.

that is true i am on the same level as god. but which one there are so many.

yes i did affect every user of autoit indirectly

and i do boast because the bible is god's way of boasting and i am on the same level as him

Now this is reminding me of BasicOS and his stand of Microsoft.

The points have been made clear to you but you refuse to accept it.

It's like pointing you to the right path but you refuse to take it, and go down the wrong path, runing yourself and everyone who uses AutoIt as well.

What don't you understand?

yes i did affect every user of autoit indirectly

Then take responsibility for that act!

that is true i am on the same level as god. ... i am on the same level as him

Sure?

the bible is god's way of boasting

I have no rights to say anything about this, but I *think* there is something wrong with this statement.

#)

Now this is reminding me of BasicOS and his stand of Microsoft.

The points have been made clear to you but you refuse to accept it.

It's like pointing you to the right path but you refuse to take it, and go down the wrong path, runing yourself and everyone who uses AutoIt as well.

What don't you understand?

Then take responsibility for that act!

Sure?

I have no rights to say anything about this, but I *think* there is something wrong with this statement.

#)

by saying that i did indirectly affect every user of autoit i am taking responciblity

i am doing what god did. "what ever you do don't eat the apples from the forrbidin tree" i can't really remember but what did adam and eve do they ate the apples. thats right. "god gave them a loaded gun and asked them not to use it" but they did. not only did they use it but they had sex and thats how we came to be. everyone learns but some even programers/hackers need to be caught any programming languge can be used vb perl c++. but a basic like scripting languge. is just asking to be abused although i hope that it doesn't and never will. we all know that sooner or later it will. not many like that fact but it is true. and the real reason why kids thease days are getting dummer and stupider is because of adam and eve. they had to have sex.

Try using that excuse in court and see how far it gets you if you give a loaded gun to a child. :D

Thank you for "proving" my initial impression to be correct. I'm happy to know I made the correct decision. If you cause AutoIt to be blacklisted, directly or indirectly, hopefully you will also suffer from the consequences of your actions and know that it is your own damn fault.

Btw, "God" wouldn't need to ask how to do anything. You're not even close to being a God. Being a God also means you have faithful worshippers, where are your followers? :D

Try using that excuse in court and see how far it gets you if you give a loaded gun to a child. :D

Thank you for "proving" my initial impression to be correct. I'm happy to know I made the correct decision. If you cause AutoIt to be blacklisted, directly or indirectly, hopefully you will also suffer from the consequences of your actions and know that it is your own damn fault.

Btw, "God" wouldn't need to ask how to do anything. You're not even close to being a God. Being a God also means you have faithful worshippers, where are your followers? :D

the slaves of shr'ran