I can't run any script on this forum.

I searched here and coudn't find an answer, so please help.

Whenever I try to run a script that I download from this forum, I get errors. Now, I assume that all of these scripts work for other people, because there are comments on how great they work!

I get the same error:

Line: <<whatever line>> "Case" with no matching "Select"

Or something to that effect.

I have tried to fix the syntax, but it wont run!!!

This is very frustrating, please help me out here.

I have everything updated, I have tried BETAs, I have tried the latest stable version. SAME ERROR. I have tried uninstall and reinstall, but nothing.

Any suggestions?

Are you sure that you are compying the full code, I've had many times where I didn't copy the whole code and had errors. If that's not the case then I guess you're going to have to wait for someone else to reply, because thats all I could come up with.

Whenever I try to run a script that I download from this forum, I get errors. Now, I assume that all of these scripts work for other people, because there are comments on how great they work!

I get the same error:

Line: <<whatever line>> "Case" with no matching "Select"

Or something to that effect.

I have tried to fix the syntax, but it wont run!!!

This is very frustrating, please help me out here.

I have everything updated, I have tried BETAs, I have tried the latest stable version. SAME ERROR. I have tried uninstall and reinstall, but nothing.

Any suggestions?

Well, I don't know what to tell you if you have tried all of that, but I do know that the error you specified means this:

Select

Case $whatever

do $anything

Case $whatever2

do $anythingelse

Endselect

the "Select" is missing in your case which is causing the error. If it's not then I don't know what to say.

Nomad :D

Any suggestions?

orange,

In order to be sure you are running the Beta, run "Toggle AU3 Beta.au3" located at:

"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Extras\Toggle AU3 Beta.au3"

I hope this helps. I know how frustrating it can be when things don't work as expected.

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

yeah, codemyster, that was one of the code snippets that I was having trouble running.

I am not copying the codes. I am downloading them TOO! ARGH!!

so.... is it best to have the beta installed?

NOMAD: it is good to know that I was fixing these problems correctly.

But, on someone's computer, these are running without fixing this code. So what sould I do?

Open the help file. Witch version do you have in the Introduction page?

Go to the index flip and enter GuiCreate. Open the page and goe to the bottom. Hit then "Open this script" button. What happens?

Do you use SciTe or some other editor?