Little install programm for your programms ;)

Daniel W.

Hi,

Wow there is a big update out there now :D

I completely rewrote the programm and its MUCH nicer now :D

http://autoit.aufwaerts.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=396

Regards

Edited by Daniel W.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

Thanks if you got ideas to improve it pls tell me :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

New version is uploaded

I suppose it could be improved but nice idea! You could add a option to change the install dir.

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

Yes but tomorrow ill do that cuz i need to make homework now :D

what you mean?

I need a solution for doing it with variables for fileinstall , but its not possible :D

Updatet :D

€: again a very little fix :D

Edited by Daniel W.

• 3 months later...

Big Update :)

I like this Daniel. I wrote my own installer a while back. One thing you may want to look into on the next version is simply hiding the GUICtrls instead of creating a new GUI dialogue for each window. This way you only have one GUI total.

;to hide the controls i used
GUICtrlSetState ( $controlID, $GUI_HIDE )

;to show them i used
GUICtrlSetState ( $controlID, $GUI_SHOW )

In addition to this, i like how you have the script set up with the startmenu.au3 and files.au3 as include files. One thing i don't understand is the Header.au3. Could you please explain what to put in there?

In addition, i wanted to give you something i wrote a while back. I did some cleaning of it tonight and i hope you like it:

InstallScriptGeneratorv1.0.0.5.au3

This script automatically generates the Files.au3 file with all the FileInstalls in it(subdirectories and all). You may use it or include/integrate it with your current autoit installer. All i ask is that you give me credit for it in case people have questions about the function and want to know who to ask.

-The Kandie Man

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

I always code with 2 Scripts

Normal script: Guis etc

Header.au3: All includes and functions that i wrote myself for that script

I did the hiding way before but its to complicated and its not easy to find errors in this so is use the way with more guis :)

I made a few modifications:

I made it so that the each GUI window checks the position of the one before it so that they don't continue to go to the center of the screen when you click next.

I fixed a bug that you had with the checkbox that says "Do not create Start Menu Folder." The bug was that if you checked it, it would disable the other controls, but if you unchecked it, it wouldn't re-enable them.

I made modifications to the exit messagebox. In addition, clicking the X on the GUI will now also bring up the exit confirmation messagebox instead of just exiting.

I made modifications to your EULA GUI because i felt the Editbox wasn't big enough. In addition i disabled the user's ability to edit the control, you don't want them modifying your EULA. :) I also added scroll bars to the EULA window.

I think that just about does it. Here is the modified version:Install_modified.au3

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Oh thanks nice :)

I will rewrite something soon but no time at the moment so you'll have to wait :)

• 2 months later...