EQII Crafting Bot

John SL

Posting this script - which will craft successfully in EQ2 for as much time as you leave it or as much ingredients as you give it.

I run it overnight most nights - and it pretty much never has a problem - mostly in provisioner mode - it will run for hours without missing a single reaction event once you have it working and if you know what you are doing you can turn out about 5 plat worth of food/drink a night (you still have to pay for the ingredients and fuel) - typically I net about 10-15 plat a week.

It's not pretty code and it requires quite a bit of tailoring to get it going on a new system (lots of pixel colour matching)

I haven't time to describe it's full operation at the moment - I spent too much time describing it's sister script (fighter).

But basically it times the reactions - hits two spells per cycle - uses pixel matching to counter events with the first and uses thje secobd to help the process.

It reports colours it finds to facilitate colour matching.

Some screen locations are hardcoded - hotbars (one with recipes) can do up to 12 in a session- and one with spells (in groups of 4 per class) - typically - 1 progress vs power, 2 durability vs power, 3 durability vs success, 4 durability vs progress - these are the only 4 you need - highest of the last two and lowes of the first two you have . (Metalworking - or is it metal shaping - is an odd one out so it has a slighly different layout which them works properly).

Picking up the pixel colour of the reaction location is key to choosing which spell is use first. Each recipe runs in either easy mode 0 or hard mode 1 which is pretty much how much powere you put in (hence delay between items) and whether you are just reacting and banging progress or reacting and holding durability.

It then finds the character power bar and the recipe window - based on looking for a particular colour in an area. Thsi allows it to work if the windows are moved slightly.

Oh yes - it opens the cd drive when it is finished (check the drive letter) - which was just a way I had of having it one on a mchine with the screen turned off while I was in the room and was notified when it finished.

Sorry for the brief description - in this case (unlike the fighter script - which can be used as an aid) this is designed for unattended mode and is pretty clear breach of the EULA.

MakeRecipe102.au3

• 2 months later...

Hi,

im having a little trouble with the bot. It displays an error in line 437 (trying to pick the power bar)

; Section to identify screen locations first.

; find the location of the power window

$coord = PixelSearch ($PowerSearchX, $PowerSearchY , $PowerSearchX + 30, $PowerSearchY + 60 , $PowerBoxColour)

$errpix = @error

if $errpix = 0 then $PowerBoxX = $coord[0]

if $errpix = 0 then $PowerBoxY = $coord[1]

; now pop up and confirm the power location and return code

MsgBox(0, "Power Box Coords are : " & $coord[0] & " , " & $coord[1] , "error status is " & $errpix )

Error message:

MsgBox(0,"Power Box Coord are:"& $coord^ERROR

Error: Subscript used with non Array-variable

Can anyone help me out? Why cant he find the power box? Run it in windowed mode

Greats Topas21

• 3 months later...

This error occurs because the colour being searched for does not occur within the rectangle being searched.

The $coord variable is left as a scalar rather than an array hence the error when it is used with an index in the message box.

The program fault occurs because you have not either moved the powerbox so that it does occur within the searched area or you have not adjusted the searched area toinclude the powerbox.

If you are having a problem with this bit of it then I'm afraid that you will be pretty much lost when it comes to the event matching process.

I've given up EQ2 - too time consuming - but it is very adictive so I regret that I am not prepared to go into this in more detail for fear that I give in to temptation and go back to playing.

P.S. it is also sloppy code as I could eliminate the error message easily by using the variables rather than the function result array - but if the program fails at this point, which is during its startup phase, then on a working setup the fault is a critical one - and the whole thing needs to be restarted anyway.

EQ crafting has changed since I wrote this with only one combine per recipe rather than the myriad of subcombines - it is still tedious stuff and the script still works - but the economic balance has changed so the materials are relatively more expensive and crafting less profitable.

Hi,

im having a little trouble with the bot. It displays an error in line 437 (trying to pick the power bar)

; Section to identify screen locations first.

; find the location of the power window

$coord = PixelSearch ($PowerSearchX, $PowerSearchY , $PowerSearchX + 30, $PowerSearchY + 60 , $PowerBoxColour)

$errpix = @error

if $errpix = 0 then $PowerBoxX = $coord[0]

if $errpix = 0 then $PowerBoxY = $coord[1]

; now pop up and confirm the power location and return code

MsgBox(0, "Power Box Coords are : " & $coord[0] & " , " & $coord[1] , "error status is " & $errpix )

Error message:

MsgBox(0,"Power Box Coord are:"& $coord^ERROR

Error: Subscript used with non Array-variable

Can anyone help me out? Why cant he find the power box? Run it in windowed mode

Greats Topas21