Problems running script

I've distrobuted several scripts to some people I know, and they're having problems running it. For some it won't even load, what are the requirements to run compiled scripts?

It depends on how you script it. Different operating systems have different requirements and limitations. I am not aware of every possible circumstance which would prevent your script from running on any given os. Some more information would be helpful. For example, what os do they use? Are you trying to access memory of another program? If so, do they use windows 2000+ and did you enable administrative rights if they aren't enabled? Are they using windows 98 and did you call functions not supported for windows 98?

There are numerous possibilities. More information is required.

Nomad :D

I've distrobuted several scripts to some people I know, and they're having problems running it. For some it won't even load, what are the requirements to run compiled scripts?

Post your code and we can suggest ideas. (assuming the code you are distributing is legit)...
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

What I meant was are there any dll's or anything that might prevent it from running, like .NET framework.

#include <Misc.au3>

$SpamToggle = 0
$sMessage = Inputbox("Message Input", "Input the message to be spammed here.")
$EnterDelay = Inputbox("Message Input", "Input delay between writting the message, and pressing enter(in ms).")
$delay = Inputbox("Delay Input", "Input delay between messages(in ms).")

While 1
    If _IsPressed("73") Then Quit(); f3 is pressed
    If _IsPressed("74") Then Toggle(); f5 is pressed
    If _IsPressed("13") Then _Traytip(); PAUSE is pressed
    If $SpamToggle = 1  Then
        Send($sMessage)
        Sleep($EnterDelay)
        Send("{ENTER}")
        Sleep($delay)

EndIf

WEnd

Func _TrayTip()
    TrayTip("Uber gay spammer v1",'Hotkeys:' & @LF & 'F4 - Kill spammer' & @LF & 'F5 - Toggle spammer on/off' & @LF & 'PAUSE - Toggles this traytip' & @LF & ' ' & @LF & 'Steps of Use:' & @LF & '1)Enter phrase to spam' & @LF & '2)Enter delay between messages' & @LF & '3)Press F5 to begin spamming' & @LF & '4)Press F5 again to cease' & @LF & '5)Press F4 to kill the program' & @LF & '~gamepin126', 30, 0)
    Sleep(200)
EndFunc

Func Toggle()

If $SpamToggle = 0 Then
        $SpamToggle = 1
        ToolTip("Spammer - ON",0,0)
        Sleep(200)
    Elseif $SpamToggle = 1 Then
        $SpamToggle = 0
        ToolTip("Spammer - OFF",0,0)
        Sleep(200)
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func Quit()
    Exit
EndFunc
Edited by gamepin126

One problem I see right off is TrayTip only works with windows 2000+. I'm still looking for other potential errors and I'll post back in a minute.

Edit: Are you giving this out as a script, or as a compiled .exe? If you are giving this out as a script then they also need beta or this script will not work.

Edited by Nomad

One problem I see right off is TrayTip only works with windows 2000+. I'm still looking for other potential errors and I'll post back in a minute.

If the traytip doesn't work on pre-2k, shouldn't it just not work and continue with the script? Or would that prevent the whole thing from running?

If the traytip doesn't work on pre-2k, shouldn't it just not work and continue with the script? Or would that prevent the whole thing from running?

It would still run, but it wouldn't read the function. Did you see my edit above? Look at that too.

Compiled exe. It works completely fine for me, however some people have complained of it not running at all.

Well, I can't find anything else that would potentially make it not run. I'm on windows 98 and I tried it, it ran for me with exception of the TrayTip. There are some other issues with the way it is structured, but nothing that should make it not work at all, just user-friendly issues.

Maybe someone else will find something, I'm stumped.

try the @osversion or @OSType macro it's in help file

instead of traytip maybe switch to msgbox for older machines

#include <Misc.au3>

$SpamToggle = 0
$sMessage = Inputbox("Message Input", "Input the message to be spammed here.")
$EnterDelay = Inputbox("Message Input", "Input delay between writting the message, and pressing enter(in ms).")
$delay = Inputbox("Delay Input", "Input delay between messages(in ms).")

While 1
    If _IsPressed("73") Then Quit(); f3 is pressed
    If _IsPressed("74") Then Toggle(); f5 is pressed
    If _IsPressed("13") Then _Traytip(); PAUSE is pressed
    If $SpamToggle = 1  Then
        Send($sMessage)
        Sleep($EnterDelay)
        Send("{ENTER}")
        Sleep($delay)

EndIf

WEnd

Func _TrayTip()
    If @OSType == "WIN32_NT" Then 
    TrayTip("Uber gay spammer v1",'Hotkeys:' & @LF & 'F4 - Kill spammer' & @LF & 'F5 - Toggle spammer on/off' & @LF & 'PAUSE - Toggles this traytip' & @LF & ' ' & @LF & 'Steps of Use:' & @LF & '1)Enter phrase to spam' & @LF & '2)Enter delay between messages' & @LF & '3)Press F5 to begin spamming' & @LF & '4)Press F5 again to cease' & @LF & '5)Press F4 to kill the program' & @LF & '~gamepin126', 30, 0)
    Sleep(200)
    Else ;If @OSType == "WIN32_WINDOWS" Then 
    msgbox(0,"Uber gay spammer v1",'Hotkeys:' & @LF & 'F4 - Kill spammer' & @LF & 'F5 - Toggle spammer on/off' & @LF & 'PAUSE - Toggles this traytip' & @LF & ' ' & @LF & 'Steps of Use:' & @LF & '1)Enter phrase to spam' & @LF & '2)Enter delay between messages' & @LF & '3)Press F5 to begin spamming' & @LF & '4)Press F5 again to cease' & @LF & '5)Press F4 to kill the program' & @LF & '~gamepin126')
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func Toggle()

If $SpamToggle = 0 Then
        $SpamToggle = 1
        ToolTip("Spammer - ON",0,0)
        Sleep(200)
    Elseif $SpamToggle = 1 Then
        $SpamToggle = 0
        ToolTip("Spammer - OFF",0,0)
        Sleep(200)
    EndIf