ProcessSetPriority() doesn't allow to change priority

I created very simple script:

ProcessSetPriority ( "oms.exe", 0)
ProcessSetPriority ( "vsmon.exe", 0)

These processes both running by SYSTEM account, and when I start this script by local administrator, ProcessSetPriority fails and return 0(by the way, @error also contains 0 instead 1. bug?)

But i can change priority of these processes, f.e., using Process Explorer. Why AutoIt can't do this?

I created very simple script:

ProcessSetPriority ( "oms.exe", 0)
ProcessSetPriority ( "vsmon.exe", 0)

These processes both running by SYSTEM account, and when I start this script by local administrator, ProcessSetPriority fails and return 0(by the way, @error also contains 0 instead 1. bug?)

But i can change priority of these processes, f.e., using Process Explorer. Why AutoIt can't do this?

AutoIt cannot do this because it does repect the right of the process it is running in. Just some extra rights can be added with the RunAsSet and Run command. But in this case you cannot logged under the SYSTEM account.

i'm not qiute sure i understood well. what should i do in this case? I want to change priority of processes running by SYSTEM account....

another answer is you cannot log under SYSTEM account which is not a real user so strategy as RunAsSet cannot apply.

i can run script by system account(by another process like nnCron). But...

It's very strange that autoit doesn't use administrative rights even has it.

It is not logical. I'am the administrator, and i want to do some things. But i can't, because Autoit "re[s?]pect the right of the process it is running in"(i didn't undestand this sentense, my English not so well)

i can run script by system account(by another process like nnCron). But...

It's very strange that autoit doesn't use administrative rights even has it.

It is not logical. I'am the administrator, and i want to do some things. But i can't, because Autoit "re[s?]pect the right of the process it is running in"(i didn't undestand this sentense, my English not so well)

perhaps other eleviate the right security permission. AutoIt just offer the runAsSet for run command.

ProcessSetPriority() works fine for me. I just changed the priority of vsmon.exe and it's running under the SYSTEM account. I also changed the priority of a service running under the NETWORK_SERVICE account.

Here's the important piece of information you did not provide: What operating system are you using? Things work fine on XP Pro SP2.