Bitmap Library

Hi all, here's a bitmap library with some simple bitmap picture functions.

Cheers!

(Documentation/example in zip archive also)

Updated 6/21/06-v1.2 Added PixelRead and OpenBMP functions

Updated 6/22/06-v1.3 Added to Help File. Fixed a bug with _OpenBMP(). Added progress bar option as well

Updated 6/23/06-v1.4 Added to Help File. Fixed another bug with _OpenBMP(). Added _LineWrite()

Updated 6/26/06-v1.5 Added to Help File. Rewrote _LineWrite() Function. Color mode now determined by the AutoIt option "ColorMode". Added _CircleWrite() function.

Updated 6/30/06-v1.6 Added to Help File. Rewrote _CircleWrite function, now called _EillipseWrite (for a circle have the height and width be the same). Fixed bug in _BMPWrite. Some functions were renamed (this may break any existing code) they are now a more standard format (_ThingAction). Added _RectangleWrite function.

Updated 6/30/06(agian)-v1.7 Fixed Bug with BMPOpen. Will no longer try and add-on to already existing files during BMPwrite.

Updated 8/14/06-v1.8 Added some fuctions and fixed some bugs. See help file for more info.

Updated 2/26/08-v1.9 Updated _BMPWrite to work on the latest version of autoit (I Hope :D )

Updated 3/04/08-v2.0 Significant rewrite of _BMPOpen(),_BMPWrite(),_PixelWrite(),and _PixelRead(). They now work with the native binary variant and binary file I/O. The speed for _BMPOpen() and _BMPCreate() should be significantly faster. _PixelRead() will mostly be unaffected. _PixelWrite() will probably be SLOWER in most cases. I'll leave version 1.9 up in case this becomes an issue for anyone.

Updated 5/14/08-v2.1 Fixed a bug when using _BMPOpen() on files with a length or width larger than 255 and added check for BMP size when opening. Removed the check for Opt("ColorMode") as it will be removed from AutoIt soon. Removed some useless code/Slight performence tweaks. Fixed the example file to work 'as is'.

Updated 11/01/09-v2.2 Fixed a significant bug with _PixelRead() (Don't know how that slipped by for so long).

Updated 11/08/09-v3.0 Significant rewrite of the libraries core functions. Now using DLLStruct functions for pixel reading and writing. A performance gain in almost all cases except for very very small BMPs (<10x10) at which point the speed is almost non-factor. Larger bitmaps like a 1024x768 have performance gains in the order of several magnitudes for pixel writing.

There are SCRIPT BREAKING changes to the library. Almost all of the geometric draw functions have been removed (Line write,ellipse write, ect). It was taking the library to a more graphics-driven setting, when it's only intent was to allow pixel I/O. In most cases, you can create design-specific algorithms for drawing functions that were better then the general case ones in the library.

Updated 4/14/10-v3.1 Fixed a bug with BMPOpen (Thanks pbsds). Removed the .txt help file, the functions are now documented in the source file with a more standard convention. BMPWrite no longer has the optional 'ProgressBar' parameter.

Updated 7/27/10-v3.2 Functions in the library did not have a '_' prefixed to them, now they do...sorry for the flip flop (Thanks loukaniko).

Updated 5/01/11-v3.3 Fixed file handle leak in _BMPOpen (Thanks windwind12). Speed improvement (about 25% faster) to _PixelWrite and _PixelRead.

BMP_Library1.9.zip

BMP_Libary2.2.zip

BMP3.3.zip

Edited by evilertoaster

Yes Bitmap is a very old and reduamentry file format. Not too much use with it for sure. I hope to be able to turn it into a full fleged graphics librbay with support for other formats eventually (maybe a AutoItPaint?^^) but it's a start for now at least like you said.

This is kewl. I didn't think it was this easy.

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an improved example.

#include <BMP.au3>
$BMP=_MakeBMP(64,64);Create BMP Handle with dimensions 64X64
For $a=0 to 64
    _PixelWrite($BMP,$a,$a,"0000FF");BGR
    _PixelWrite($BMP,$a-1,$a,"0000FF")
    _PixelWrite($BMP,$a+1,$a,"0000FF")
    _PixelWrite($BMP,64-$a,$a,"FF0000")
    _PixelWrite($BMP,64-$a-1,$a,"FF0000")
    _PixelWrite($BMP,64-$a+1,$a,"FF0000")
    _PixelWrite($BMP,32,$a,"00FF00")
    _PixelWrite($BMP,33,$a,"00FF00")
    _PixelWrite($BMP,$a,32,"00FF00")
    _PixelWrite($BMP,$a,33,"00FF00")
Next
_BMPWrite($BMP,@ScriptDir & "\MyBMP.bmp");Closes the BMP to a file

GUICreate("BMP Example", 180, 84)
GUICtrlCreatePic(@ScriptDir & "\MyBMP.bmp", 58, 10, 64, 64)
GUISetState()

Do
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
Until $msg = -3;$GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

Your example doesn't work, the white line isn't shown because this line

If $BMPHandle[$a][$b]="" Then $BMPHandle[$a][$b]="FFFFFF"

makes everything white

I added ProgressOff to _BMPWrite and used &= in FixFormat

Func _BMPWrite($BMPHandle,$Fpath,$Progress=1)
    Local $Width=UBound($BMPHandle,1)
    Local $Height=UBound($BMPHandle,2)
    Local $FileSize=FixFormat(Hex($Height*$Width*3+54,8))
    Local $HexWidth=FixFormat(Hex($Width,8))
    Local $HexHeight=FixFormat(Hex($Height,8))
    Local $ImageDataSize=FixFormat(Hex($Height*$Width*3,8))
    Local $Header="424D"&$FileSize&"000000003600000028000000"&$HexWidth & $HexHeight&"0100180000000000"&$ImageDataSize&"00000000000000000000000000000000"
    Local $File=FileOpen($Fpath,2)
    If $File=-1 Then Return (-2)
    RawWrite($File,$Header)
    If $Progress=1 Then ProgressOn("Writing BMP File","Line 1 of " & $Height,"",-1,-1,18)
    Local $a,$b
    For $a=$Height-1 To 0 Step -1
        For $b=0 To $Width-1
            If $BMPHandle[$a][$b]="" Then $BMPHandle[$a][$b]="FFFFFF"
            If RawWrite($file,$BMPHandle[$a][$b])= -1 Then Return (-1)
        Next
        If $Progress=1 Then ProgressSet(($Height-$a+1)/$Height*100,"","Line " & $Height-$a & " of " & $Height)
    Next
    FileClose($file)
    ProgressOff()
    Return 1
EndFunc
Func FixFormat($HexData)
    Local $a,$ReturnValue=""
    For $a=7 To 1 Step -2
        $ReturnValue &= StringMid($HexData,$a,2)
    Next
    Return ($ReturnValue)
EndFunc
Edited by RazerM
My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

$BMP=_OpenBMP("MyBMP.bmp")
For $x = 0 to UBound($BMP,1)-1
    For $y = 0 to UBound($BMP,2)-1
        GUICtrlSetGraphic(-1, $GUI_GR_COLOR,Dec($BMP[$x][$y]))
        _3DDrawPolygon(-1,$x,$y,0)
    Next
Next

Edit: Code now works. Other unknown errors occured.. :D

Edit2: The next code has the same error only this is in 2D instead of 3D... Hmm??

For $x = 0 to UBound($BMP,1)-1 Step 1
    For $y = 0 to UBound($BMP,2)-1 Step 1
        GUICtrlSetGraphic(-1,$GUI_GR_PIXEL,$x,$y)
    Next
Next

Where's the problem?

Edited by Manadar

I seem to be ahead of myself again..

Please run this and you will see my problem.

Use any bitmap with it.. I used the one RazorM built in his Example.

#include <BMP.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("Jingle Bells", 200,200)
GUICtrlCreateGraphic(0,0)

For $x = 0 to UBound($BMP,1)-1 Step 1
    For $y = 0 to UBound($BMP,2)-1 Step 1
        GUICtrlSetGraphic(-1,$GUI_GR_PIXEL,$x,$y)
    Next
Next

GUISetState()

While 1
    If GUIGetMsg() = -3 Then
        Exit
    EndIf
WEnd

Edit: This may cost a lot of CPU power. Increase the stepsize to 2 or 3 and you will still see the problem but use less CPU.

Edited by Manadar

Hi all, here's a bitmap library with some simple bitmap picture functions.

Right now its only realy function is PixelWrite() but future versions will have more functions.

Of course now this means you could do a screen capture nativly by doing PixelGetColor() and _PixelWrite.

Right now however it is somewhat slow so things like screen captures with sizes larger than 100x100 may take to long.

lmao

I seem to be ahead of myself again..

Please run this and you will see my problem.

Use any bitmap with it.. I used the one RazorM built in his Example.

It looks to me like your trying to rewrite the image pixel by pixel?

In this case you need to use the provided BMP write funciton.

The coordiantes may be stored simply by $BMP[x][y] but thats is not how they are written becuase the BMP file format does not write in the order you'd expect.

Take a look at the BMP write function...

If you still think there is a problem definatly let me know...

(was i coorect in what you were trying to do?)

evilertoaster.. You're actually saying that, you have no clue on how to build a pixelread function for this?

How am i supposed to figure this out if you even can't?

*meltdown*

[Edit] I will probably write some converter that uses pixelgetcolor and transforms it into a file syntax i will make up.

Edited by Manadar

Stop the press :P

No Mandar after looking into it more i think it's my problem not yours.

There is a bit of a bug with the BMP opening...ill fix it here in a bit...

:D I had just developed a AIT file, that basically was this only then very long..:

FF0000!FF0000!FFFFFF!FFFFFF!FFFFFF!
FF0000!FF0000!FF0000!FFFFFF!FFFFFF!

lol ^^

[Edit] Wow it actually worked.. :D

Here's Angelina Jolie as a Texture on a 3D Square. The full 32000 polygons. ;)

( The preview looks like *^$#)

Edited by Manadar

MK, updated and bug fixed. I was mixing coordinate methods.

the write function would write them with (0,0) in the top left and the open function would read pixel (0,0) from the bottom left. Now they both read from the top left like mspaint and autoit.

Edit: Cool rendering Manadar...btw whats AIT stand for?

Edited by evilertoaster

MK, updated and bug fixed. I was mixing coordinate methods.

the write function would write them with (0,0) in the top left and the open function would read pixel (0,0) from the bottom left. Now they both read from the top left like mspaint and autoit.

Edit: Cool rendering Manadar...btw whats AIT stand for?

Nice one i will try it now..

AIT stands for AutoIt Image Texture :D

[edit]

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <BMP.au3>

GUICreate("Woot", 400,400)
GUICtrlCreateGraphic(0,0)

$bmp = _OpenBMP("206px-Angelina_Jolie_Tomb_Raider.bmp",0)
    If IsArray($bmp) Then
        For $x = 0 to UBound($bmp,1)-1
            For $y = 0 to UBound($bmp,2)-1
                GUICtrlSetGraphic(-1, $GUI_GR_COLOR,Dec(_PixelRead($bmp,$x,$y)));Dec($bmp[$x][$y]) gives the same..
                GUICtrlSetGraphic(-1, $GUI_GR_PIXEL,$x,$y)
            Next
        Next
    EndIf

GUISetState()

While 1
    If GUIGetMsg() = -3 Then
        Exit
    EndIf
WEnd

Gives this:

Edited by Manadar

Yes you can use my code and example for the official release.