install issue

i am having problems scripting the install of:

http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/suppor...ganizer_upd.jsp

The focus shifts between various windows during install. I think autoit is getting lost. I am using keystroke driven navigation. Also Autoit3 doesnt appear to ever find the popup that "create a shortcut on desktop".

I am trying to build a big script to install about 30 applications on a new pc. from Office to windows service packs, etc.

The keystroke method appears to be highly unreliable. Is this a correct observation, or am i doing something wrong.

I have resorted to using a routine i call the focusHammer.

do

winactvate("asdf","qwer")

sleep(250)

until winactive("asdf",qwer")

send('!n")

This doesn't hang, but doesn't always work.

Can someone post a tutorial on how to use the mouse input method. I used it, but if the window loses focus durung a script run the mouse clicks are erratic. Again using a similar method to assure the focus is in the window before doign the action. This is going to be perfomed in an office environment with quite a few nieve users that will freak when they see the script running... even if i tell them before hand. they will go wiggling the mouse and break the script. The script fails enough on its own

is there a better way?

Edited by maaltan

• Moderators

Most have options to do installs from the command line or have the ability to use "ControlClick() (In the help file)".

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.