Automating Remedy?

Ok, I'm very new and still playing with it.

If anyone has any remedy interaction scripts or HOWTO's thatd be a great help. I've searched but not found anything directly on topic.

I'm trying to:

1) Select the Remedy Application. Can I have it start and login if it's not running, otherwise select the running process

2) Open specific template, can be done through file/open if needed, or a shortcut on the desktop

3) Click a button that says "New Request"

4) In the resulting window that is created, select the item "Change Requests" from the dropdown box named "Category"

5) Open an diaglog box to get the value of a field named "Summary"

6) select a different button named save

Yes, there's a whole lot more to it than that, but if I can get these 6, I can fill in the rest of the blanks.

I've got mine currently starting the "aruser" binary and logging me in but I can't detect if it's already running to abort this piece. I also need to figure out how to either open it with a command line argument, or use "file/open" to select the module we want.

Thanks in advance

I would be more of a help then this if i knew more about he program you're using, unfortunatley, i don't know anything about "remedy"

however, in regards to questions

• if you want the window to be active while script runs, look into "winactivate" in the helpfile
  • I'd need a little more info on the file that you want to open for this:

What file type?

Does it run throu another app. if so what?

Is there a special way you need to run it

look into "run" and/or "FileOpen" in helpfile

• 2 ways here

use au3 window info that came with autoit to get the exact coords of button then mouse click it

Use "ControlClick" to click directly on the button

I recomend the latter

• some functions like "Winwaitactive", "ControlCommand", "ControlSend", "ControlClick" come to mind. I sugest becoming familiar with these, once again, more info is found in helpfile.
  • How exactly does it open a dialog box? click a button or what? or does it just come up automatically? is it in a separate window?, once again "winwaitactive" and "controlsend/click" are your friends. to get the data, look into "WinGetText" maybe if in a new window, or perhaps "controlgettext" if not.
  • "Controlclick"
Ok, now most info for commands can be found in the autoit window info tool that comes with au3.

and for help with syntax and such, look into the helpfile

for a quick summary

check the helpfile ofr following:

• ControlClick
  • ControlSend
  • ControlCommand
  • WinGetText
  • Run
  • ControlGetText
  • WinActivate
  • WinExists
  • FileOpen/Close/Read
  • WinWaitActive
  • MouseClick
  • MouseMove
That should get you started

wish I could help more

And of course, if you have questions, that what the forums here for

Edited by Paulie

While searching for the "Run" option to kick off the program, I found a help page on "AU3Record". I don't seem to have that installed. I also looked on the Download page and I don't see it there. Am I missing something?

Download and install SciTE4AutoIt3:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/downloads.php

and then take a look under "Tool" on the menu bar.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

...Yes, there's a whole lot more to it than that, but if I can get these 6, I can fill in the rest of the blanks...

1) Select the Remedy Application. Can I have it start and login if it's not running, otherwise select the running process

If WinExists... Then

WinActivate

...Do stuff

Else

Run Remedy App...

WinWait...

ControlSend login info

Endif

2) Open specific template, can be done through file/open if needed, or a shortcut on the desktop

WinMenuSelectItem

3) Click a button that says "New Request"

ControlClick

4) In the resulting window that is created, select the item "Change Requests" from the dropdown box named "Category"

It depends on how the app is written

If it allows typing to select items from the drop down:

Then look at ControlSend... "Ch"

Or ControlSend... "{DOWN 3}"

Changing the "3" to whatever is needed to get to the desired selection

5) Open an dialog box to get the value of a field named "Summary"

ControlGetText

6) select a different button named save

ControlFocus if you really only want to select the button and not click on it

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Digging into the previous post abilities still. Alot to absorb.

When I install the "SciTe4AutoIT3.exe" I get the same installation I had. Under the "Tools" menu I have Compile, Build, Go, Stope Executing all greyd out. Available is User CallTip Entries, Next message, Previous Message, Clear Output and Switch Pane. No "record" or anything close.

I actually use Remedy at work and have some stuff you might want. I'll look tomorrow and pm you.

I'm trying to:

1) I have a code that logs you in (pass is hardcoded though I'm sure there are better options) anytime the login window is open.

2) Was working on this today. Auto can open the templates (just a send key ctrl + o I believe) or macros through various methords.

3) ControlFocus, ControlClick, user the autoit window info tool for information.

4) Various ways of doing this most likely send({Down 4}) or something similar. Look up send & send key list in help file.

5) Yes

6) Yes either click save or just ctrl f4 (closes window) then click "yes" button by clicking or controlclick.

All you would do is

If ProcessExists("aruser.exe") = 0 Then

Run(something)

I'll have to look into this with you. We can chat over msn or whatever messenger tool you have if you like, pm me first.

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, same boat... Another remedy user. :D Not as rare as i thought the program was.

To open, you need to " send ( '^f' ) " to select File, the " send ( '^o' ) to select open. Can't shortcut unfortunately.

Thankfully, we have macros with our remedy that seems to make things easier. I have no idea who created them, i just use them :wacko:

Good luck