Duplication

• Developers

It is times like these that I wish we had slightly stronger moderation. Just in the way of deleting malicous code requests and posts.

To do what ?

Check who provided the code thus far.. not the requestor..right ?

I don't understand you guys... If you think there is a malicious purpose then just ignore the post.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

To do what ?

Check who provided the code thus far.. not the requestor..right ?

I don't understand you guys... If you think there is a malicious purpose then just ignore the post.

Not sure what you dont get. I personally think posts requesting malicous code and ones that post it should be deleted. Regardless if I personally ignore it.. others wont and will continue to assist people in those endevors.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

And like I said in my post to you, it doesnt matter if the requester provides the code or not... if someone still assists or provides it in the thread, what does it matter where it came from?

Really, I dont see what we are arguing about. I feel that posts that request malicous code should be deleted and you obviously dont.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

I would not wish the job of forum moderator on anyone...

Thanks for all that you do for AutoIt and the forums.

Neither would I. I also think our current moderators do a fine job.. I hope I wasnt insinuating otherwise. I was more suggesting a policy change than anything else.

...I was more suggesting a policy change than anything else...

That was how I took your comment... but a counter suggestion was made - that being to ignore such posts.

Even if we think that:

...we have a chance of dissuading others from posting solutions

[we all know how well that works]

...some in the forum don't see "the gloom and doom"

[some see too much gloom and doom]

...we are educating others in the forum to a perceived danger

...we are helping to protect AutoIt's rep

I'm not sure yet what I'll do with the request to ignore such posts. It is not the first time that such a request has been made by a moderator.

Hey Valuater, want the job?

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ndpost&p=192992

Edit: changed "you" to "we"... this ain't directed to you personally.

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

I tend to agree with Simucal. I think deleting all posts contained within the topic and placing a post there from a moderator saying something like:

"Topic deleted and closed because of malicious intentions"

and place a warning on the member. Then, not only does it inform all of the forum members the forum's stance on issues such as this, it does not make the information readily available for any person with malicious intentions to search the forums and get the answer for such.

I know that it can be, at times, hard to determine the intentions of a person. But if the intentions are obvious, or become obvious in subsequent posts, then it should be immediately deleted to prevent public access to malicious AutoIt code, or posts telling them how to script it.

Just my two bits,

Nomad :D

...I think deleting all posts contained within the topic and placing a post there from a moderator...

Might have to add "staff" to handle that level of moderating... or maybe not. I'm not sure how much time this would take away for debugging beta.

I'll bet that the moderators/developers have thought this topic thru long before we came on the scene...

[oldtimers]

Kurt, where are you?

[/oldtimers]

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

• Moderators

[oldtimers]

Kurt, where are you?

[/oldtimers]

:D No Doubt!

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

It's not like they are going to make some kind of super virus or anything. They don't even know how to popup more than one message box. It's probably just a prank on someone else. Don't be afraid of the script writer that asks for help, be afraid of the one who searches for it :D .

It's not like they are going to make some kind of super virus or anything. They don't even know how to popup more than one message box. It's probably just a prank on someone else. Don't be afraid of the script writer that asks for help, be afraid of the one who searches for it :D .

You are correct. If they are unable to do something as simple as creating multiple windows, how much damage can they really do? It is the concept of creating malicious code that is the topic of debate however, not just the question which was asked in this topic.

You are also correct about the person who searches for information, which is why I think deleting the contents of topics containing malicious code, or topics explaining how to code it, would be a good idea. If the information is not available for searching, then they will have to ask, or search somewhere else. This may only delay the inevitable, since people will eventually find out the information they seek, but it will not be so easily found as searching the forums at the "homesite" for AutoIt.

I like to write programs that others will use. I write some programs for personal use, but I get more satisfaction out of writing programs that others find useful. If my programs start giving false positives from virus scanners, it will definately impact the number of users of my programs. I would know they are safe, but how would anyone else? If this ever starts happening I will probably stop using AutoIt for programs I distribute, which is the bulk of my work.

Nomad :D

For what you need that script? New AutoIt virus? So, what? I can see only that script reproduces messages. I'm sure avast! company will create code against it. Except that, someone sends me PM with updated code. :D

Sorry for some unfriendly parts... But, can someone answer me on first question?

i542.

I can do signature me.

For what you need that script? New AutoIt virus? So, what? I can see only that script reproduces messages. I'm sure avast! company will create code against it. Except that, someone sends me PM with updated code. :D

Sorry for some unfriendly parts... But, can someone answer me on first question?

i542.

What if avast starts recognizing all autoit scripts as viruses, instead of just yours? Then you have screwed the whole community.

No, no respectable member will answer your questions.