Couple of questions

Hi I've 2 questions, it'd be grat if you could answer them:

1. If I write move cursor to position and so on, my mousecursor is moving to the right coordination, but for my friend the cursor moves to somewhere totally different :D .

2. How can I change the Version number of my exe, that's the thing if you press on the exe with the right mousebutton there select the version number.

greets and thank you very much :D laka.

• Developers

Hi I've 2 questions, it'd be grat if you could answer them:

1. If I write move cursor to position and so on, my mousecursor is moving to the right coordination, but for my friend the cursor moves to somewhere totally different :D .

2. How can I change the Version number of my exe, that's the thing if you press on the exe with the right mousebutton there select the version number.

greets and thank you very much :D laka.

When using SciTE, you have AutoIt3Wrapper which allows you to update the resource info like version number and program description....

As simple as added a few line in your script with compiler directives.....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Okay thank you I'll try it, can somebody maybe answer me the other question?

:D .

thanx Venom

€dit: Wow what a great program, thank you very much for telling me about it.

Edited by venom

Only thing I could come up with is that you and your friend don't have the same screen resolution.

This means that the point 50, 50 is on a different place on the screen for you both.

Alzo

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the weird thing is that we do have the same resolution.

How can you actually do it that the cursor moves to a declaired button in a window, so that it doesn't mather which resolution you are useing?

Ist that possible?

greetings Venom

Look up "ControlClick" in the helpfile...must be useful for you!

Edit: if you want to see the mouse moving, use "ControlGetPos" to find the coordinates and then MouseClick at those coordinates/2.

Edited by marfdaman

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Look at ControlClick() in the helpfile, this will allow you to click a certain button in a window no matter what coord it is at.

EDIT: mardaman is faster :D

Edited by Don N

_____________________________________________________"some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"Wallpaper Changer - Easily Change Your Windows Wallpaper

EDIT: mardaman is faster :D

lol

"marfdaman, fast as lightning!"

Thanks, unfortunately it won't show me the ControlID in the computergame for which the game is.

Can I move the mouse to a specific position anyway, so that it's the same on every computer?

Sure with the same resolution.

Well in that case what I would do is this: get the position of the control on your screen (say your res. is 1024x768, and the control is located at 30x700, width 120 and height 30).

If you want to click in the middle of that control, the point you want to click is: x=30+120/2, y=700+30/2.

This means your click coordinates would be: (90, 715). The x-ratio would be 90/1024=0.087890625 and your y-ratio 915/768=0.930989583.

Ok now that's over: all you have to do now is multiply the acquired x- and y-ratios with your friend's screen resolution and you have the desired coordinates. Hope this doesn't confuse you even more!

Note btw: this only works when your game is just an enlarged "copy" of itself at higher/lower resolutions!