Memory reading?

O.K, i need some help. I've read around the help file, as i do everytime, but i'm having some trouble figuring some things out.

Mainly, i want to practice making programs for the game Diablo II.

I want to know how to dll call, or read memory for diablo 2. (Such as Dllread or Dllcall)

I was making a program that once a hotkey was pressed, it would hold down shift. It would work in game, but when i try to let go of shift it wouldn't work unless i manualy pressed shift. Then the hotkey wouldn't work anymore. Someone told me i would have to read memory to get it to work properly.

For example.

How would i read memory, so that if something changes in the game (someone joined), autoit would notice, and then msg something. (msgbox, or what sends a msg on the taskbar icon?)

Then the other problem i can't seem to get to work is Controlclick. I know how to find pixels, and such, the probelm is, i can't seem to get controlclick to function. I want to be able to have it click on items while i do other things in the background. Thats why i don't want to use mouseclick.

Any help would be great! Thanks in adv.

Edited by acidfear

O.K, i need some help. I've read around the help file, as i do everytime, but i'm having some trouble figuring some things out.

I want to know how to dll call, or read memory for diablo 2. (Such as Dllread or Dllcall)

I was making a program that once a hotkey was pressed, it would hold down shift. It would work in game, but when i try to let go of shift it wouldn't work unless i manualy pressed shift. Then the hotkey wouldn't work anymore. Someone told me i would have to read memory to get it to work properly.

For example.

How would i read memory, so that if something changes in the game (someone joined), autoit would notice, and then msg something. (msgbox, or what sends a msg on the taskbar icon?)

Then the other problem i can't seem to get to work is Controlclick. I know how to find pixels, and such, the probelm is, i can't seem to get controlclick to function. I want to be able to have it click on items while i do other things in the background. Thats why i don't want to use mouseclick.

there are memory reading functions in the scripts and scraps forum, with examples etc. for controlclick issues, could you include a piece of your code, and a screenshot of the autoit window info tool with the control you want to click highlighted? that should isolate the issue....

For example.

I also write scripts for D2, in my signature is a link to some memory reading information. It is minimal, but it should help to get you started. It is going to require a lot of work to get all the memory information you will need to make a fully functional script for the game.

If you are running the game in full screen, you can't assign hotkeys. Also, are you trying to use ControlClick to send info to the D2 window, or another? If it's too another window, this might also be blocked while in full screen. If it's to the items on the D2 window, these are not controls and will not be recognized by ControlClick. They are simply pixel colors on the screen. There are only 3 ways I can think of that you are going to be able to recognize them. One is with PixelSearch, or a related function, and you can't use it while the window is minimized. Another is with a packet sniffer. The last is by reading the memory, which is going to require a LOT of work. :P

Anyway, check the link in my sig for some info to get you started.

Nomad :D

Edit: WTF? What's wrong with the site? Mod, plz delete 2 of my 3 posts, thanks. :D

Edited by Nomad

Thanks to both. Yes, the control clicks are for Diablo 2 while in Windowed mode, but would also like to learn for regular computer work (in the future).

I will post some script as soon as i develop a basis and if i have a probelm.

Thanks a lot, both of your the quick help!