2 questions

Hello.

I have 2 questions.

1. When I compile my script, the tray icon says the name of the executable like philipsprog.exe. Is it possible to make it say like "Philip's program" instead right at startup so that the user never gets to see the executable name in the tray?

2. Does anyone know how to lock access to a process so that it cannot be terminated? My antivirus program, Kaspersky, does this and I am wondering how it is done. Basically, the only one that can close it is the process itself, it cannot be killed via the task manager for example. I believe you need two processes for this, but am not sure how to make it not terminate. I could just have two processes that will start up the other if it finds it to be gone, but then any activity that my program is performing will be terminated also. Is it possible to lock it completely?

Thanks for any replies.

/Philip Bennefall

TraySetToolTip

(Re)Sets the tooltip text for the tray icon.

TraySetToolTip ( [text])

Parameters

text [optional] The new text to be displayed as tooltip. The length is limited - see Remarks.

Put this as the very first line of your application.

lock access to a process so that it cannot be terminated?

Search the forums for Service. There are a lot of such topics round.

#)

• Moderators

1. Look at TraySetToolTip('Philip's program'), I don't know if TraySetToolTip() can be found in the release, but most of us use the Beta anyway:

Beta:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23823

2. You would need 2 scripts, 1 to watch for the other and vice versa.

Edit:

knew the beer run break would make me too slow in answering this :D

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.