EVE-Online Mining Bot.

Andraax

To my knowledge it is not possible to make a script for Eve in true full screen since we cannot determine pixel location. The closest I have been able to get is window mode at same size as desktop, then using the script to drag window to top left so borders do not show. Any "windows event" that happens to Eve when in full screen causes it to minimize :nuke:

If there is a AutoIt solution to this someone please inform us.

Well.... I wrote my own script in EVE, and I can say, full screen mode works almost perfectly with autoit.

I only had problem with the PixelGetColor function - sometimes it returned really wird values, but JUST in case of the cargo panel background, even if I turned off transparency - everywhere else it works very reliable (in my mining script, I can even detect the points on the 'i' letters of the messages to see what happens actually with 100% succes ratio). Also, clicking/drag and drop and moving the mouse to the given pixel coords is reliable in full screen mode.

So, I (and 6 of mine friend) never encountered minimize effects what you mention, and full screen for me looks definitely better (I hate to see that windows borders and titles during EVE :P )

By the way: could you explain, what does the "we cannot determine pixel location" statement exactly means? And what does "window event" mean? Maybe I misunderstand something...

Edited by lammaer25

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay im still kinda new to this but heres what i did sence the last post

$ApproachLoc[0] = 1076

$ApproachLoc[1] = 124

$TargetLoc[0] = 1178

$TargetLoc[1] = 128

$FirstOverview[0] = 1

$FirstOverview[1] = 1

$SecondOverview[0] = 1

$SecondOverview[1] = 1

now as u can c i put the first and second Overview to 1 just to c if i was Changing the right thing

but i wasent it still goes to the Astroid and just keeps Clicking nothing else even with the Changes made

any ideas

righty o i have Great news for me that is i have Figured what i was doing wrong

now im stuck on ONE more thing how come it keeps clicking so it locks the target then unlocks the target then locks it again and does that for ages

Any ideas

lammaer25,

I have since experimented a touch more with full screen and you can indeed grab the coordinates with the AutoIT window info tool, so I was mistaken.

Windows Event = mouseclik any where other than the game screen or some program other than EVE gets focus will result in Eve being minimized. I see it often due to dual screens. Eve on one screen and script on the other. I clik the script to make a change and Eve goes to the task bar.

DragonPatch. Most all pixels moved vertically by 10. I think some things changed left to right by 2 pixels but that was much less noticeable. Opening PnP lag substantially increased. Upper overview changed. Targeting icon now always present. Dim when out of range, bright once in range. Tutorials fixed. If you turn it off in options it does not show. EULA text window got a touch bigger. LogOn server status broke ( yea, some us actually used that ) Proably more but that is most of what affected my development.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone. I wanted to know if you script modders could send me the updated code or exe you've editted to work?????? Please Email me or post your new code. My problem is the script only undocks for me thats it. then it stops and goes nowhere... if you have any ideas let me know k:)

Thanks for your time and help im advance..

Cant get it to go ;)

MajSlayer420

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Could some one post an update to this script couse with the latest patches can't I get it to work :P

I would realy apriciate a post of a working one. If nessesary a working one only for u, but just for me to have something to start from :-)

btw I also had a prob with the coordinates. I used the AutoIt tool for it but, those coordinates where very wrong :-)

Reguarding Full Screen Mode ::

It does work just fine. If you are having trouble getting screen co-ordinates then use the AutoIT helper tool and use the freeze option. I believe the shortcut key is Control / Alt / F while you're moused over the spot you want IN game. Tab out of EVE and look at the frozen pixel co-ordinate. It will also freeze the color at the time.

The reason you may be having trouble with EVE and colors is the fact the colors are always changing by small amounts in EVE. Its not as noticable to the human eye but to the computer the difference is real. What you have to do is not recognize a single color but a range of colors. You basically build a threshold for which it is recognized. Such as Red > 50 & Red < 200 & Red - Blue < 25 .... continue and so forth. It is common to use expressions like these when writing gaming scripts where colors change minorly.

Buck: Nice to see you.. I was checking out this forum on a strictly work basis when I saw an EVE post and had to look. I see you posting on the XUnleashed forums. Whatever happened to your project?

At the moment Im hunting down some method of text recognition for autoIT so I can write some regression testing scripts at work..

Cya

Ophidian

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok, here is where I am running into a problem. I have been attempting to modify the vars.au3 script, specifically the $TargetLoc[0] = n and the $TargetLoc[1] = n ( n = number trying to modify). it appears to accept the coord changes I make until I run the script in eve. at that point it keeps going to the exact same location everytime (without fail) no matter what I change the numbers to. I have change the loc numbers drastically just to see if the mouse moves anywhere different and so far no luck.

Does anyone have an idea as to what I am doing wrong ?

Thank you for any info you all can give.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the approach code, I cannot get my ship to approach to 11,000 m how should I do this, I am thinking it has to do with the 0 in the underlined line.

;; -------------------------------------

;; Approach()

;; -------------------------------------

Func Approach()

; Click on the approach button in the overview window.

If (PixelGetColor($DistandM[0], $DistandM[1]) = 0) Then

PrintStatus("Approaching.")

MouseClick("left", $ApproachLoc[0], $ApproachLoc[1], 1, $MouseSpeed)

EndIf

Do

; Wait for the end of the M in "Distance: X.XXX M" in the Overview Info

Until PixelGetColor($DistandM[0], $DistandM[1]) > 0

; Set speed to 0.0 M/s

MouseClick("left", $clientWidth/2-43, $clientHeight-24, 1, $MouseSpeed)

WaitFullStop()

Return 5

EndFunc

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I appreciate your efforts with the bot. As I am a fledgling bot writer, I looked at your code to see how you had arranged things. I am well on my way to finishing my own bot to play around with.

With my design, I have added drone support, multiple selections of mining behavior (user selected belts or just rip and strip a belt). I have also written in automatic bookmark creation and the jumping to that when mining...always nice to take out all the travel time :) I am still working on setting up jetcan mining and the use of a second ship to haul.

*bows and scrapes*

Again thank you for your example. It has helped me greatly in creating a flow chart and defining exactly what was needed for my own bot.

Hoarder

"Why throw something away today that you might use tomorrow?" - Pack Rat Philosophy