Forgot my passphrase

Hello,

i have a compiled autoit exe of my own wich i made about 6 months ago. But after a HD crash my au3 file is gone. And i forgot the passphrase. Is there a way to get it back ?

It was compiled in autoit 3.1.1.0 ?

I can prove that it is my script by telling you what is does and wich are some parameters.

Somebody wants to help me ?

• Moderators

You should write to Jon along with sending him the .exe and whatever pertinent information is in the script that you can prove it belongs to you. There are many here that can do it, but I would think that none of the self respecting ones would.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

You should write to Jon along with sending him the .exe and whatever pertinent information is in the script that you can prove it belongs to you. There are many here that can do it, but I would think that none of the self respecting ones would.

why not actually ?

because it is something i made and i just want to have my code back.

why not actually ?

So... write Jon. Anyone can say they made a program, and writing Jon to get it done, if it is in fact yours, is going to be a lot faster than having to re-write it. :D

• Moderators

why not actually ?

Well, to be honest... I wouldn't do it because I don't know you.

I would think if I wanted something of "mine" I would talk to the guy who wrote the language anyway, rather than asking a group of people to do it for me... Wouldn't you think that the logical answer to your question as well?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

these topics are actually verry silly IMO.

if you compile something in C++ you dont go to the author of the languague and ask him to give the source back. thats just stupid.

and ofcourse you also have the au3 in a backup !

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

• Moderators

if you compile something in C++ you dont go to the author of the languague and ask him to give the source back. thats just stupid.

I really hope that wasn't pointed toward me, because I've not written anything compiled in C++ that came readily with a "decompiler" written by the "author".

these topics are actually verry silly IMO.

and ofcourse you also have the au3 in a backup !

Perhaps, but you don't want to just help anyone hack the source out of a program. What if it was your program that they were wanting the source hacked from and you didn't want the source released? I know how I would feel about it. :D

I really hope that wasn't pointed toward me, because I've not written anything compiled in C++ that came readily with a "decompiler" written by the "author".

No you misunderstood me. It was more ment as a thoughtcloud.

I ment it as "people should not even be asking for this as it is there mistake"

Then i refered to C++ as in "if you do this with C++ that is stupid"

my appologies for not wording my thoughts correctly.

and @Nomad i always release my source code if i release something.

Edited by w0uter

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

• Moderators

No you understood me wrong. I ment people that post topics like this in general.

Thought I might have :D .

and @Nomad i always release my source code if i release something.

That's your choice, not everyone makes the same choice. If you wrote a kickass script that you were gonna sell for say, $50 per copy, you'd still release the source? I doubt it. :D

just rewrite it.

its gonna bet a lot better then the original one.

i've been in similar situations, where i've had to recreate scripts that were left on my harddrive at old job, etc; and it's been my experience that they are invariably better when i try to recreate them, because i don't get hung up on the things that hung me up and distracted me from making them better the first time. even if i don't change the way the script functions, the difference can still be seen in the code, it's usually more efficient run-time wise, and always alot shorter than the original script.

i release kickass scripts for free :D

hell yeah you do. the community is definitely lucky to have you.