what the heck happened here?

OK, this is messed up. here was my EXACT code:

run('Notepad.exe")
sleep(200)
WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")
send("you can type text now")
sleep(500)

It ran fine as a au3 code, but when i compiled it, it ran notepad just fine... about 500 times, killing all my ram and i had to restart... also each notepad window, instead of sending "you can type text" it sent ("yyyyyyooooooouu caaaaaaaaaaaaannnn ttttttypeeeeeeeeee texxxxxxxt nnnnnooowwwww")

• Developers

OK, this is messed up. here was my EXACT code:

run('Notepad.exe")
sleep(200)
WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")
sleep(500)

It ran fine as a au3 code, but when i compiled it, it ran notepad just fine... about 500 times, killing all my ram and i had to restart... also each notepad window, instead of sending "you can type text" it sent ("yyyyyyooooooouu caaaaaaaaaaaaannnn ttttttypeeeeeeeeee texxxxxxxt nnnnnooowwwww")

This is not the exact code since it has a syntax error in the run statement, but let me guess....

You called your script notepad.au3 and compiled that .... right ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I think we need a FAQ on this...

Lar.

I had this problem from the day I started with AutoIt and to this day I never knew what I did wrong. I guess I do now lol

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

yeah, i did name it notepad.au3... guess that was the problem

Also, you may want to change

To

send("you can type text now", 1)

The second one will send the keys RAW so it won't like press alt f4 if you put send("Guess what I press!{F4}", 1)

=)

yeah, but i just made this for my friend who hates going to run>>notepad.exe on his computer every time and he can't find the notepad.exe file on his comp to make a shortcut XD

yeah, but i just made this for my friend who hates going to run>>notepad.exe on his computer every time and he can't find the notepad.exe file on his comp to make a shortcut XD

As much as i love autoit, wouldn't this have been much easier?

Start>>Search>>Notepad.exe

then make a shorcut

Edit: I Spelled notepad wrong

Edited by Paulie

Why not just put Notepad in the startup folder and leave it running all the time?
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format