Macro @HomeDrive return null from network drive

Hello.

Doesn't work this simple script :D

$File=@HomeDrive & '\INFO.TXT'
msgbox(0,'File',$File)

I run this script from a network drive. The file INFO.TXT is created in the directory in network drive. The macro @HomeDrive return nothing. I tried FileChangeDir(@HomeDrive) with the same result. I think the macro should return the correct path to home drive whatever the script is running.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by aggg63

Hi,

i don't get it. But you know the difference between msgbox(0,@HomePath,@homedrive ) ???

@homedrive returns normally only c:

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

I run this script from a network drive. The file INFO.TXT is created in the directory in network drive. The macro @HomeDrive return nothing. I tried FileChangeDir(@HomeDrive) with the same result. I think the macro should return the correct path to home drive whatever the script is running.

Try this:

MsgBox(0, "", @HomeDrive)

What does it say where the text usually is?

th.meger

This is the problem:

@homedrive returns normally only c:

In my script return nothing :D

Manadar

I'm sorry for the mistake. I corrected the script.

I want to use @HomeDrive, no always home drive is C:

Try this:

MsgBox(0, "", @HomeDrive)

What does it say where the text usually is?

I get nothing, the answer is a text blank. Normally it shoul be "C:", this is my home drive.

Remenber, I run the script from a network drive.

Last new, I run the script form c:\ and get the same answer, nothing. I haven't a home drive. :D

th.meger

This is the problem:

In my script return nothing :D

Manadar

I'm sorry for the mistake. I corrected the script.

I want to use @HomeDrive, no always home drive is C:

I ran into something like that myself. I have a function in my install scripts, which run from a network share, that sets a variable $ScriptRoot to either the drive (i.e. C:) or the UNC root (i.e. \\MyServer\MyShare). I went to the trouble because @HomeDrive doesn't give you that, and I wanted the scripts to look for certain things starting at $ScriptRoot by default. When I get to a windows box I'll post it.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

When I get to a windows box I'll post it.

Slummin' in Windows now, here's my snippet for setting $ScriptRoot at the beginning of all my install scripts:

; Identify script directory root (i.e. F: or \\Server\Share) without trailing backslash
Select
    Case StringMid(@ScriptDir, 2, 1) = ':'
        $ScriptRoot = StringLeft(@ScriptDir, 2)
    Case StringLeft(@ScriptDir, 2) = '\\'
        $ScriptRoot = StringReplace(@ScriptDir, '\\', '')
        $avScriptRoot = StringSplit($ScriptRoot, '\')
        $ScriptRoot = '\\' & $avScriptRoot[1] & '\' & $avScriptRoot[2]
    Case Else
        MsgBox(16, "Error", 'Case not handled: @ScriptDir does not start with "\\" or a drive letter.')
        Exit
EndSelect

MsgBox(64, "Result", "$ScriptRoot = " & $ScriptRoot)

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Slummin' in Windows now, here's my snippet for setting $ScriptRoot at the beginning of all my install scripts:

; Identify script directory root (i.e. F: or \\Server\Share) without trailing backslash
Select
    Case StringMid(@ScriptDir, 2, 1) = ':'
        $ScriptRoot = StringLeft(@ScriptDir, 2)
    Case StringLeft(@ScriptDir, 2) = '\\'
        $ScriptRoot = StringReplace(@ScriptDir, '\\', '')
        $avScriptRoot = StringSplit($ScriptRoot, '\')
        $ScriptRoot = '\\' & $avScriptRoot[1] & '\' & $avScriptRoot[2]
    Case Else
        MsgBox(16, "Error", 'Case not handled: @ScriptDir does not start with "\\" or a drive letter.')
        Exit
EndSelect

MsgBox(64, "Result", "$ScriptRoot = " & $ScriptRoot)

Ok. It works fine. The script shows unit D:, the unit where is the script.

But if I change @ScriptDir by @Homedrive in the first case sentence, the script fails and return the error in else sentence :P

I have found a bug in latest beta? :D

I'm using Windows 2000 SP4 (Spanish) with latest patches and Autoit 3 beta 126.

Does this return a value?

MsgBox(0, 'HomeDrive', EnvGet('HomeDrive'))
SystemDrive return C: but HomeDrive return nothing, I haven't an environment variable with this name.

SystemDrive=C:

SystemRoot=C:\WINNT

FILE_SERVER=CISG

ISCPATH=C:\Archivos de programa\Intel\ServerManagement

SystemDrive return C: but HomeDrive return nothing, I haven't an environment variable with this name.

What version of Windows are you running? There should be a HomeDrive and a HomePath environment variable. For XP, the defaults are:

HOMEDRIVE = C:

HOMEPATH = \Documents and Settings\UserName

Could be different values on your machine, but the variables should be declared.

Hello.

After weekend I reboot the PC and all works fine :P . The variables HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH are back. Why they disappear? I don't know: a virus, a feature of Windows, :D

Thanks a lot to all people help me :D