Screen size & Mouse movements

Hi,

could you please explain a little bit more.

Have a look at Opt MouseCoordMode

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Well I have an app. that was writen in Java and I cannot use any of the controls, because I have no was to find out what there ID's are. I can't use TAB's or any other keys to get to the area's I need to pull data from. I need to be able to run the script from different systems that may not have the same screen size.

Currently, it works on my QA system. But when one of my staff tries to run the script that has a different screen res. it does not move the mouse to the correct location to copy the data from the window.

I was hoping that someone has come up with a good way to change your mouse movements depending on the screen res.

I use Opt("MouseCoordMode", 2) so if the child window that comes up is located in a different place on the screen it will still move the mouse to correct location, but that does not help if the screen res. is different.

I just found this in another thread, but have not tried it yet.

Func coordinates($x, $y, $resolution_old, $resolution_new)

$newx = Int($x / $resolution_old[0] * $resolution_new[0])

$newy = Int($y / $resolution_old[1] * $resolution_new[1])

dim $array[2]

$array[0]=$newx

$array[1]=$newy

return $array

EndFunc

Thanks

Hi,

to do a quick & dirty workaround you can do a select or switch case

case @DesktopHight = 768 and @DesktopWidth = 1024

MouseMove( ...)

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Well I have an app. that was writen in Java and I cannot use any of the controls, because I have no was to find out what there ID's are. I can't use TAB's or any other keys to get to the area's I need to pull data from. I need to be able to run the script from different systems that may not have the same screen size.

Currently, it works on my QA system. But when one of my staff tries to run the script that has a different screen res. it does not move the mouse to the correct location to copy the data from the window.

I was hoping that someone has come up with a good way to change your mouse movements depending on the screen res.

I use Opt("MouseCoordMode", 2) so if the child window that comes up is located in a different place on the screen it will still move the mouse to correct location, but that does not help if the screen res. is different.

I just found this in another thread, but have not tried it yet.

Func coordinates($x, $y, $resolution_old, $resolution_new)

$newx = Int($x / $resolution_old[0] * $resolution_new[0])

$newy = Int($y / $resolution_old[1] * $resolution_new[1])

dim $array[2]

$array[0]=$newx

$array[1]=$newy

return $array

EndFunc

Thanks

one thing that i typically suggest when someone says they're using a java gui or applet is that you can decompile the java into source using a decompiler like DJ Java Decompiler (the one i use). That is assuming of course that you are allowed to decompile according to license or company policy. With the java applets i've had to work with, i've decompiled them, and figured out exactly what they do, then created my own autoit gui that does everything the gui does. completely circumventing the need for the java applet at all.